It is currently July 27th, 2024, 2:55 am

Rainmeter - Values from HwInfo

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kurou

Rainmeter - Values from HwInfo

Post by Kurou »

Hi, im back again :)

I have a problem. My suite skin is designed to operate with different programms which are obtaining the sensor information. The problem is that when i use hwinfo, its values are not changing with "AutoScale" or "Scale" at all. Am i missing something here?

If im using MsiAfterburner i get for example "CPU Clock" value in MHz and with rainmeter meter parameters i can modify it to GHz but with HwInfo it wont work. Does it require another meter for calculation or the value from HwInfo is as a string and i need to convert it to number?

Rainmeter Measure Example:

Code: Select all

[Measure_GPU_Usage]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw11
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
Rainmeter Meter Example:

[Graphics_Usage_Label]
Meter=String
Text=Usage
X=5

[Graphics_Usage_Value]
Meter=String
MeasureName=Measure_GPU_Usage
Text=%1
Postfix=" %"
X=195
Y=0r

[Graphics_Usage_Bar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=Measure_GPU_Usage
W=200
H=2
X=5
Last edited by Kurou on November 7th, 2023, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brought to you by: https://kurou.dev/
ZXCVBOT

Re: Rainmeter - Values from HwInfo

Post by ZXCVBOT »

You are setting absolute values for X and Y in meters. Try something more variable like:

[Graphics_Usage_Value]
X=[Graphics_Usage_Label:X]+5
Y=[Graphics_Usage_Label:X]+5
It sets the value for Graphics_Usage_Value as 5px to the right and below the meter Graphics_Usage_Label.
Crap! I did it again.. Wait for someone who uses your plugin/software. I don't use it hence I can not provide any correct answer. I jumped too quickly. Sorry!

Since I can not delete a post, let me pass you this link: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/

The above provides an accurate description on how to use the things you are asking.
Kurou

Post by Kurou »

ZXCVBOT wrote: ↑November 7th, 2023, 1:17 pm
You are setting absolute values for X and Y in meters. Try something more variable like:

[Graphics_Usage_Value]
X=[Graphics_Usage_Label:X]+5
Y=[Graphics_Usage_Label:X]+5
It sets the value for Graphics_Usage_Value as 5px to the right and below the meter Graphics_Usage_Label.
Crap! I did it again.. Wait for someone who uses your plugin/software. I don't use it hence I can not provide any correct answer. I jumped too quickly. Sorry!

Since I can not delete a post, let me pass you this link: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/

The above provides an accurate description on how to use the things you are asking.
I didnt mean positioning but the output from HwInfo sensors to registry that i am obtaining through registry measure and parse it to meter to display the value. My problem was that i was trying to manipulate a string.

This is what resolve problem for me:

[Measure_GPU_Memory_Usage_Raw]
Measure=Registry
RegValue=ValueRaw14
MinValue=0
MaxValue=#gpu_memory#

[Measure_GPU_Memory_Usage]
Measure=Calc
Formula=([Measure_GPU_Memory_Usage_Raw] + 0)
DynamicVariables=1
MinValue=0
MaxValue=#gpu_memory#
Yeah, its pretty crappy way, but hey, it works!
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

I can not test your code because of the aforementioned reasons.. Also, I did not mean your code was crap.. I meant I saw a notification and reacted immediately without testing it.. I speed-read it... that's why I said crap..

I however am glad if I was of some help 😣. Also delighted that it works as you wanted 😁.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kurou wrote: ↑November 7th, 2023, 2:52 pm I didnt mean positioning but the output from HwInfo sensors to registry that i am obtaining through registry measure and parse it to meter to display the value. My problem was that i was trying to manipulate a string.

This is what resolve problem for me:

[Measure_GPU_Memory_Usage_Raw]
Measure=Registry
RegValue=ValueRaw14
MinValue=0
MaxValue=#gpu_memory#

[Measure_GPU_Memory_Usage]
Measure=Calc
Formula=([Measure_GPU_Memory_Usage_Raw] + 0)
DynamicVariables=1
MinValue=0
MaxValue=#gpu_memory#
Yeah, its pretty crappy way, but hey, it works!
Not crappy at all, there are quite a few occasions when Calc measures are used to turn some string into a number (or the reverse, String measures being used to format and alter some number). By the way, the +0 part is not necessarily needed above.
Profiles: Rainmeter Profile β—‡ DeviantArt Profile β—† Suites: MYiniMeter β—† Skins: Earth
Kurou

Post by Kurou »

Yincognito wrote: ↑November 7th, 2023, 7:48 pm Not crappy at all, there are quite a few occasions when Calc measures are used to turn some string into a number (or the reverse, String measures being used to format and alter some number). By the way, the +0 part is not necessarily needed above.
Oh... yes... it works without it, thanks for the information.