It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:36 pm

Russian Win10 Widget Weather

Weather skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Russian Win10 Widget Weather

Post by eclectic-tech »

Here is a version of the weather skins for Win10 Widgets, by TH Markum, that uses code provided in WeatherTimeBarHD_API, by Xenium, to provide those weather skins in Russian (Russian language only).
Win10Weather~Russian-Wind.png
It is a separate skin package that installs to 'Win10 Widgets Weather~Russian' folder.
This is done so the original is not modified and can be used if the block is removed in the future.

It has all 5 variants of the weather: Extra-Large, Large, Medium, Small, and Tiny.

To set your location, right-click the skin and select "Edit Weather Variables". Change only the Latitude and Longitude values to match you location. Save the file and refresh the skin.

The settings for styles (size, colors, etc.) are in a separate file '@Resources\Variables.ini' from the main widgets and will need to be modified to match your original skins settings. Or you can edit the skin to include the original 'Win10 Widgets\@Resources\Variable.ini' instead of the above file; the 2 files should be the same...

Since this skin scrapes the Yandex site for data, it may stop working if changes ae made to that website code.
Modified several measures and added expanded weather icon substitutions; most conditions will display icon images.

Thanks to Xenium for the initial code to obtain data for this! :rosegift:

:: Update V 1.2024.02.02 ::
- Removed Debug=2 test setting to prevent creating a WebparserDump.txt (only needed to test)
- Added wind direction tooltip to wind text
- Modified positioning of forecast and temperatures in all variants

:: Update V 1.2024.01.21 ::
- Modified CurrentObservation RegExp due to changes in the website code

:: Update V 1.2023.11.20 ::
- Modified variants forecasts, location, and update positions
- Moved location in Extra-Large variant
- Added 'Updated At' translation in Extra-Large
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milowidow

Re: Russian Win10 Widget Weather

Post by milowidow »

Hi, friend. Thank you very much for this work!
I have a version of a slightly modified weather widget (translated into Russian, more information on the forecast, icons changed), please tell me, can you replace getting the weather in it with a Yandex service? :)
Sorry if something is not clear, I use a translator :D
1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

milowidow wrote: October 28th, 2023, 5:23 pm Hi, friend. Thank you very much for this work!
I have a version of a slightly modified weather widget (translated into Russian, more information on the forecast, icons changed), please tell me, can you replace getting the weather in it with a Yandex service? :)
Sorry if something is not clear, I use a translator :D
1.PNG
I may look at this but because the method scraps the Russian website code, and I do not speak/write Russian, it may take a while for me to find any suggestions.

Alternately, I am working on an Open-Meteo API weather skin that should work in all areas.
My example skin looks more like Weather.com by JSMorley, but a skin could be made to look more like Win 10 Widgets.
I hope to post it in the Share Forum after a few more days(weeks?) of testing.
theneon

Post by theneon »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 29th, 2023, 3:14 pm I may look at this but because the method scraps the Russian website code, and I do not speak/write Russian, it may take a while for me to find any suggestions.

Alternately, I am working on an Open-Meteo API weather skin that should work in all areas.
My example skin looks more like Weather.com by JSMorley, but a skin could be made to look more like Win 10 Widgets.
I hope to post it in the Share Forum after a few more days(weeks?) of testing.
I'm sorry, but how do I change the city?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

theneon wrote: October 29th, 2023, 10:13 pm I'm sorry, but how do I change the city?
The 'city' is provided by Yandex based on the Latitude and Longitude variables.

If it is not what you want displayed, then you can edit the meter [MeterLocation] and change the TEXT to a fixed location. Change Text="%1" to Text="{your city name}".

That will override the MeasureName=MeasureAsminDistrictCode value.

Code: Select all

[MeterLocation]
; Shows the location corresponding to the current weather forecast.
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleTinyText | StyleCenterAlign
MeasureName=MeasureAdminDistrictCode
;MeasureName2=MeasureRegion
X=0r
Y=1R
H=36
Group=WeatherMeters
Text="%1"
ClipString=2
ClipStringW=119
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=1
theneon

Post by theneon »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 30th, 2023, 1:05 am The 'city' is provided by Yandex based on the Latitude and Longitude variables.

If it is not what you want displayed, then you can edit the meter [MeterLocation] and change the TEXT to a fixed location. Change Text="%1" to Text="{your city name}".

That will override the MeasureName=MeasureAsminDistrictCode value.

Code: Select all

[MeterLocation]
; Shows the location corresponding to the current weather forecast.
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleTinyText | StyleCenterAlign
MeasureName=MeasureAdminDistrictCode
;MeasureName2=MeasureRegion
X=0r
Y=1R
H=36
Group=WeatherMeters
Text="%1"
ClipString=2
ClipStringW=119
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=1
Please tell me which file these settings are stored in, I can’t find them anywhere?)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

theneon wrote: October 30th, 2023, 5:58 pm Please tell me which file these settings are stored in, I can’t find them anywhere?)
The meter [MeterLocation] is in 'Skins\Win10 Widgets Weather~Russian\Weather\Weather-ExtraLarge.ini'.
All other variants use the Extra-Large.ini skin as the source for all measures and meters.
the1ulike

Post by the1ulike »

Hello, I'm using Yandex for my skins but found it lately not working. Did they change the codes?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

the1ulike wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 5:21 am Hello, I'm using Yandex for my skins but found it lately not working. Did they change the codes?
The Russian variant I posted is still working for me.
russiaNov3.png
I don't see any change in the code I am using for this skin... :confused:
theneon

Post by theneon »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 30th, 2023, 6:08 pm The meter [MeterLocation] is in 'Skins\Win10 Widgets Weather~Russian\Weather\Weather-ExtraLarge.ini'.
All other variants use the Extra-Large.ini skin as the source for all measures and meters.
If you're talking about the Variables.inc file, that's the only place I found the latitude and longitude. What should the code in this file look like then?

And my time is not displayed correctly yet.