It is currently May 8th, 2024, 11:48 am

[Solved] Zodiak informations

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Gartthegart

[Solved] Zodiak informations

Post by Gartthegart »

Hi there, i need some help with a moving shape as the moon and a moving sky backround with zodiak signs (also shapes). I need a solution for a calc to display the zodiak the moon is actual in. Any solutions for this problem? Thanks in advance and sorry for my terrible english :-(
Last edited by Gartthegart on October 17th, 2023, 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Zodiak Information

Post by balala »

Gartthegart wrote: October 16th, 2023, 8:04 pm I need a solution for a calc to display the zodiak the moon is actual in. Any solutions for this problem?
Most probably this information should be taken from a website. Calculating it locally, even if possible, would be extremely complicated I think. So, taking it from web, is the easiest solution. Do you have a source where we can acquire this information?
Gartthegart

Post by Gartthegart »

Thank you, this was also my first idea, unfotunally i can‘t use such data from the web, i run my setup also on my Laptop at work and there i have to much restrictions in this case. Security terms, blocked sites ect. I need to find another solution.
I had the idea to measure the movement of the moon that moves like a 24 hour hand in a little more seconds than a full day „89429“ instead of „86400“ and to compare it in some way with the movement of the stars, a few less seconds than a day „86164“ instead of „86400“. I think a measurement of the distances or the angles could be the solution, but to me it seems quite complicated.
Gartthegart

Post by Gartthegart »

I alleady have all the informations from the moon phases orbit, longitude and latitude, tilt, days till full and new moon and so on. Its only this little problem left to finish my project, so i could also display the zodiak informations on the moon and sun info buttons.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Gartthegart wrote: October 16th, 2023, 9:13 pm I alleady have all the informations from the moon phases orbit, longitude and latitude, tilt, days till full and new moon and so on. Its only this little problem left to finish my project, so i could also display the zodiak informations on the moon and sun info buttons.
I've been doing astroNomy skins myself, just not astroLogy ones, so I'm not entirely familiar with the topic. That being said, if it's just about the formulas to use, I believe there are a couple of Rainmeter skins doing the zodiac (searching on the forum or on DeviantArt might help here) that you could use as an inspiration, or, even better, look up for Wiki articles on that, as most of them explain things thoroughly and using the described formulas in your skin would only be a matter of replacing the variable names accordingly, assuming you already have the needed values. This part should generally be your task, since this forum is more about helping with integrating such approaches in a Rainmeter skin, and not necessarily finding the approaches for the user. ;-)

Of course, if we had the needed info about the principles of such a zodiac, we might help even more. Such details are obviously missing from your posts, hence the more general answers you get. :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: October 17th, 2023, 11:03 am I believe there are a couple of Rainmeter skins doing the zodiac (searching on the forum or on DeviantArt might help here)
Right, however if I'm not mistaken, most of those skins are using the online approach to get the needed information (I think I didn't see a skin calculating everything locally, but didn't closely follow this subject either). This is not what OP asked for. Calculating things locally is a much harder thing.
Gartthegart

Post by Gartthegart »

Thank you both for your help. I think i figured out now how i can calculate it. I can use a measure calc to measure the distance between the moving moon shape and the nearest zodiak (say capricorn for exepel, i just need a shape that moves with the zodiak) and than if the value is big enough i can update a counter (that counts to 12 and than restarts at 1) to switch the measure to the next zodiak-point and so on. I need 12 zodiak-points that moves with the speed of the stars, a counter set to update -1, a ifcondition calc with bangs to update the counter and write the new value to the variable section and a measure calc for the distance. Could look like that:

[MeasureDistance]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Floor(Sqrt((([Moon:X]-[Capricorn:X])*([Moon:X]-[Capricorn:X]))+(([Moon:Y]-[Capricorn:Y])*([Moon:Y]-[Capricorn:Y]))) + 0.5)

Again, thank you very much for your help. I will try to establish this. How can i put solved on this thing?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gartthegart wrote: October 17th, 2023, 6:51 pm I will try to establish this.
Feel free to come back if further questions arise.
Gartthegart wrote: October 17th, 2023, 6:51 pm How can i put solved on this thing?
Edit your first post and in the Post icon area click the green check, instead of None:
Sol.png
Click Submit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: October 17th, 2023, 6:17 pm Right, however if I'm not mistaken, most of those skins are using the online approach to get the needed information (I think I didn't see a skin calculating everything locally, but didn't closely follow this subject either). This is not what OP asked for. Calculating things locally is a much harder thing.
I know the OP asked for computing things locally, I am a fan of this too in similar cases, despite the added complexity (don't like to depend on the internet connection which might be off once in a while, just when I need it most). However, I didn't know the available such skins focus on the online approach, so thanks for that info, much appreciated. ;-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Gartthegart wrote: October 17th, 2023, 6:51 pm Thank you both for your help. I think i figured out now how i can calculate it. I can use a measure calc to measure the distance between the moving moon shape and the nearest zodiak (say capricorn for exepel, i just need a shape that moves with the zodiak) and than if the value is big enough i can update a counter (that counts to 12 and than restarts at 1) to switch the measure to the next zodiak-point and so on. I need 12 zodiak-points that moves with the speed of the stars, a counter set to update -1, a ifcondition calc with bangs to update the counter and write the new value to the variable section and a measure calc for the distance. Could look like that:

[MeasureDistance]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Floor(Sqrt((([Moon:X]-[Capricorn:X])*([Moon:X]-[Capricorn:X]))+(([Moon:Y]-[Capricorn:Y])*([Moon:Y]-[Capricorn:Y]))) + 0.5)

Again, thank you very much for your help. I will try to establish this. How can i put solved on this thing?
Ah, good ol' Pythagoras' theorem - handy indeed. There wasn't much help from us this time due to the scarcity of details, but I'm glad you seem to have figured it out yourself -well done. I subscribe to what balala said, if you need more help we're happy to do it, as long as the question is a bit more specific / clear and some code details are provided.

Looking back at your initial question, if I correctly understand what you were asking, identifying the zodiac sign the moving / rotating moon is in over a moving / rotating sky could be done via an arcsin or arccos difference which will give you the angle of the moon in relation to the angle of the sky, assuming you know the said coordinates and the coordinates of the center of rotation (if it's rotation we're talking about, that is)... :???: