It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:45 am

help skin reduces and increases height when scrolling the mouse wheel

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
lucasHH

help skin reduces and increases height when scrolling the mouse wheel

Post by lucasHH »

Hi,

i installed the Rainmeter skin Mond but Everytime when i hover over it wiht my mouse cursor and scroll with my mouse wheel, it gets bigger and or smaller depending on which direction i scroll to(scroll up bigger scroll down smaller). Aswell that when it gets smaller or bigger it starts moving to the left or right (left smaller(scrolling down with wheel) /Right Bigger(scrolling up with wheel).

How do i fix this, can i do this in the setting or do i need to do it in the script.
thanks for your help much appreciated.
CodeCode

Re: help skin reduces and increases height when scrolling the mouse wheel

Post by CodeCode »

I would think there is a way to ensure scrolling does not affect the size, but it involves changing the main file - or - using the right-click context menu to adjust that setting to 'on' or 'off', by accessing the settings include. Would be "something".inc. Not the "settings" selection as that is the rainmeter setting for the skin that determines various switches to prevent the skin moving, for example.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

lucasHH wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 4:02 pm Hi,

i installed the Rainmeter skin Mond but Everytime when i hover over it wiht my mouse cursor and scroll with my mouse wheel, it gets bigger and or smaller depending on which direction i scroll to(scroll up bigger scroll down smaller). Aswell that when it gets smaller or bigger it starts moving to the left or right (left smaller(scrolling down with wheel) /Right Bigger(scrolling up with wheel).

How do i fix this, can i do this in the setting or do i need to do it in the script.
thanks for your help much appreciated.
That is a "feature" of the skin that let's you resize it quickly... if you do not want to resize, right-click the skin to open the context menu. Select 'Edit variables'. The variables file will open in your text editor. Scroll to the last line and change ScrollMouseIncrement=0.1 to ScrollMouseIncrement=0.0. Save the file and refresh the skin. It will no longer react to mouse scrolls.
lucasHH

Post by lucasHH »

Thanks for your help
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 11:17 pm That is a "feature" of the skin that let's you resize it quickly... if you do not want to resize, right-click the skin to open the context menu. Select 'Edit variables'. The variables file will open in your text editor. Scroll to the last line and change ScrollMouseIncrement=0.1 to ScrollMouseIncrement=0.0. Save the file and refresh the skin. It will no longer react to mouse scrolls.
Better than modifying the named variables, I probably would be much more tempted to completely remove the MouseScrollDownAction and MouseScrollUpAction options of the [Rainmeter] section. If you keep them, the skin gets a refresh every time you're scrolling it. And this is not a too desirable thing. Removing the options avoids this.
Or, if anyone thinks latter the scrolling could be useful, simply commenting them out is a good choice. This way the options can be added back anytime easily.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 10:52 am Better than modifying the named variables, I probably would be much more tempted to completely remove the MouseScrollDownAction and MouseScrollUpAction options of the [Rainmeter] section. If you keep them, the skin gets a refresh every time you're scrolling it. And this is not a too desirable thing. Removing the options avoids this.
Or, if anyone thinks latter the scrolling could be useful, simply commenting them out is a good choice. This way the options can be added back anytime easily.
I didn't look at the skin design close enough to notice that refersh... :Whistle

Yes, that is perhaps a better option which can be done by editing '@Resources\common.inc' and adding a semicolon ; to those mouse scroll action lines.

{Rhetorical} But why scroll over a skin in the first place if you don't expect a reaction? :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 11:12 am Yes, that is perhaps a better option which can be done by editing '@Resources\common.inc' and adding a semicolon ; to those mouse scroll action lines.
The version of Mond I have, has no a @Resources\common.inc file. Those MouseScrollUpAction and MouseScrollDownAction options are in each .ini files, one by one. Maybe there are available more versions of Mond? Didn't check...
eclectic-tech wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 11:12 amse scroll action lines.
{Rhetorical} But why scroll over a skin in the first place if you don't expect a reaction? :confused:
Because I read OP's question. Even if used Mond many times before, never knew it has this feature. Just reading the initial post figured this out.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 11:12 am {Rhetorical} But why scroll over a skin in the first place if you don't expect a reaction? :confused:
Naughty fingers? Claw syndrome? Tickling the mickey mouse to make it laugh? Reinvent the mouse wheel? Falling asleep on the mouse pad and waking up from a nightmare with the skin jumping at you from the screen? Or maybe cause it's the reaction that expects you to... fix it? Rhetorically, of course. :sly: :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 7:43 pm Because I read OP's question.
A rhetorical answer indeed. :)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@ balala
The original Mond skins has many issues that are corrected in a Mondtholomew release.
That is what anyone who wants a working Mond setup should be using, and that has the 'common.inc' file.

@Yincognito
:yawn: Time for another nap on my keyboard! ;-) :lol: