It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:48 pm

How apply skin with Deezer?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
DuChene

How apply skin with Deezer?

Post by DuChene »

Hi all,

I'm not developer and i see in Deezer Dev site:
"Unlimited Access, without stress, without identification. Deezer Simple API provides a nice set of services to build up web applications allowing the discovery of Deezer's music catalogue"

No stress!!???

Last 7 days i try to apply, but not sucess.

Somebody can help me!!???

Deezer sources here: https://developers.deezer.com/api

Thanks all for suport, i learning a lot here.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How apply skin with Deezer?

Post by Yincognito »

First, you have to realize that there is a difference between what's being claimed in advertising banners and reality. Nothing in life comes without some minimal stress to achieve your goal, including this.

Second, you need to provide more details on what you'd like to achieve. For example, what exactly does Deezer do, what info from its API you'd like to display in a Rainmeter skin, post some typical return of that API that you'd like to parse for stuff to display in your skin (since we are not users of Deezer to know that, and the API link you posted requires logging in and such), and finally to be willing to build up and expand on a simpler test skin we might help you write as a starting point.

So, given enough relevant info on your objective, we can help with showing and explaining to you how to do it, but it will be up to you to develop on that base. Meaning there will be some stress from both us trying to help and you trying to make it complete.

P.S. Why not embed the deezer widget into a Rainmeter skin using the WebView plugin?

...\[SkinFolder]\@Resources\Deezer-Widget.html:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <body style="border:0;outline:0;margin:0;padding:0;overflow:hidden;">
    <iframe title="deezer-widget" src="https://widget.deezer.com/widget/dark/playlist/1479458365" width="100%" height="400" style="border:0;outline:0;margin:0;padding:0;overflow:hidden;" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media; clipboard-write" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  </body>
</html>
...[SkinFolder]\Deezer-Widget.ini:

[Variables]
Side=10
Size=400
Span=1.00
Rate=0.05
FCol=0,0,0,1
SCol=0,0,0,128

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

---Measures---

[Deezer-Widget]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebView
X=(#Side#*#Span#)
Y=(#Side#*#Span#)
W=(#Size#*#Span#)
H=(#Size#*#Span#)
URL=file:///#@#Deezer-Widget.html
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[Background]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle ((#Side#/2)*#Span#),((#Side#/2)*#Span#),((#Size#+#Side#)*#Span#),((#Size#+#Side#)*#Span#) | Fill Color #FCol# | StrokeWidth (#Side#*#Span#) | Stroke Color #SCol#
DynamicVariables=1
It's not that flexible in terms of Rainmeter skin since you need to use the (adjustable, from [Variables]) 10 pixels sides to do your skin stuff like moving or the context menu, but it basically puts your Deezer widget in your skin so in terms of online access is quite flexible (aternatively, it appears that they have a desktop app as well, which of course cannot be adjusted the way a Rainmeter skin can, though that's another story):
Deezer-Widget.jpg
If you want the skin to be Rainmeter all around and allow all its goodies while still extracting data from the Deezer API, the level of stress will increase accordingly, since parsing the page source of the API return using some regular expressions would be needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
DuChene

Post by DuChene »

Yincognito wrote: August 23rd, 2023, 1:20 pm First, you have to realize that there is a difference between what's being claimed in advertising banners and reality. Nothing in life comes without some minimal stress to achieve your goal, including this.

Second, you need to provide more details on what you'd like to achieve. For example, what exactly does Deezer do, what info from its API you'd like to display in a Rainmeter skin, post some typical return of that API that you'd like to parse for stuff to display in your skin (since we are not users of Deezer to know that, and the API link you posted requires logging in and such), and finally to be willing to build up and expand on a simpler test skin we might help you write as a starting point.

So, given enough relevant info on your objective, we can help with showing and explaining to you how to do it, but it will be up to you to develop on that base. Meaning there will be some stress from both us trying to help and you trying to make it complete.

P.S. Why not embed the deezer widget into a Rainmeter skin using the WebView plugin?

...\[SkinFolder]\@Resources\Deezer-Widget.html:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <body style="border:0;outline:0;margin:0;padding:0;overflow:hidden;">
    <iframe title="deezer-widget" src="https://widget.deezer.com/widget/dark/playlist/1479458365" width="100%" height="400" style="border:0;outline:0;margin:0;padding:0;overflow:hidden;" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media; clipboard-write" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  </body>
</html>
...[SkinFolder]\Deezer-Widget.ini:

[Variables]
Side=10
Size=400
Span=1.00
Rate=0.05
FCol=0,0,0,1
SCol=0,0,0,128

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

---Measures---

[Deezer-Widget]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebView
X=(#Side#*#Span#)
Y=(#Side#*#Span#)
W=(#Size#*#Span#)
H=(#Size#*#Span#)
URL=file:///#@#Deezer-Widget.html
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[Background]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle ((#Side#/2)*#Span#),((#Side#/2)*#Span#),((#Size#+#Side#)*#Span#),((#Size#+#Side#)*#Span#) | Fill Color #FCol# | StrokeWidth (#Side#*#Span#) | Stroke Color #SCol#
DynamicVariables=1
It's not that flexible in terms of Rainmeter skin since you need to use the (adjustable, from [Variables]) 10 pixels sides to do your skin stuff like moving or the context menu, but it basically puts your Deezer widget in your skin so in terms of online access is quite flexible (aternatively, it appears that they have a desktop app as well, which of course cannot be adjusted the way a Rainmeter skin can, though that's another story):
Deezer-Widget.jpg
If you want the skin to be Rainmeter all around and allow all its goodies while still extracting data from the Deezer API, the level of stress will increase accordingly, since parsing the page source of the API return using some regular expressions would be needed.
HI, and thanks,

Deezer have a desktop app, like Spotfy, but i see a lot skins for this, but not for Deezer...
I'm trying make the app working into a skin, because parameters of Deezer dev site, is very limited, and works only with one playlist or one artist... i'm learning more about Deezer API, but i don't see until now how make something like what is meked to WinAMP, WMP, AIMP, Spotfy, etc...

Thanks Yincognito, you show me a way to learning more about Raimeter and Deezer.
xenium

Post by xenium »

DuChene wrote: August 24th, 2023, 11:21 am HI, and thanks,

Deezer have a desktop app, like Spotfy, but i see a lot skins for this, but not for Deezer...
I'm trying make the app working into a skin, because parameters of Deezer dev site, is very limited, and works only with one playlist or one artist... i'm learning more about Deezer API, but i don't see until now how make something like what is meked to WinAMP, WMP, AIMP, Spotfy, etc...

Thanks Yincognito, you show me a way to learning more about Raimeter and Deezer.
Using the WebNowPlaying plugin and extension, the Deezer web player is fully supported by Rainmeter.
1-Install WebNowPlayingRedux_2.0.7.rmskin and the WebNowPlaying plugin will be installed automatically:
https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Redux-Rainmeter/releases
2-Install the browser extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webnowplaying-redux/jfakgfcdgpghbbefmdfjkbdlibjgnbli
or
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/webnowplaying-redux/
3-Then load the WebNowPlayingRedux skin or another skin that works with Spotify.

The Deezer desktop application is partially supported, the time and progress bar are not displayed.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

DuChene wrote: August 24th, 2023, 11:21 am HI, and thanks,

Ah, I see, I misunderstood what you needed - you want the skin to act like it would for a supported media player...
Maybe Xenium's advice is close to what you need then? :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
DuChene

Post by DuChene »

Yincognito wrote: August 24th, 2023, 12:58 pm Ah, I see, I misunderstood what you needed - you want the skin to act like it would for a supported media player...
Maybe Xenium's advice is close to what you need then? :???:
I will search it...

Tanks again
Last edited by DuChene on August 26th, 2023, 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DuChene

Post by DuChene »

xenium wrote: August 24th, 2023, 12:48 pm Using the WebNowPlaying plugin and extension, the Deezer web player is fully supported by Rainmeter.
1-Install WebNowPlayingRedux_2.0.7.rmskin and the WebNowPlaying plugin will be installed automatically:
https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Redux-Rainmeter/releases
2-Install the browser extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webnowplaying-redux/jfakgfcdgpghbbefmdfjkbdlibjgnbli
or
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/webnowplaying-redux/
3-Then load the WebNowPlayingRedux skin or another skin that works with Spotify.

The Deezer desktop application is partially supported, the time and progress bar are not displayed.

I know Deezer Web, but if i open browser, deezer app opened... skin... other things opened, this sollution is for more memory consumed... i'm trying a solution to Deezer desktop app...
(sorry my english)

Thanks for your help
xenium

Post by xenium »

DuChene wrote: August 26th, 2023, 4:11 pm I know Deezer Web, but if i open browser, deezer app opened... skin... other things opened, this sollution is for more memory consumed... i'm trying a solution to Deezer desktop app...
(sorry my english)

Thanks for your help
If you want to use Deezer desktop app, the solution is to use the WebNowPlaying plugin (without extension).
Only the cover, song name, artist name and buttons will be displayed.
Song duration will not be displayed.
DuChene

Post by DuChene »

xenium wrote: August 26th, 2023, 4:35 pm If you want to use Deezer desktop app, the solution is to use the WebNowPlaying plugin (without extension).
Only the cover, song name, artist name and buttons will be displayed.
Song duration will not be displayed.
I'll try it

See you in DeviantArt

Thanks