It is currently May 8th, 2024, 4:01 pm

SimplePerfMeters 2.5.0

Skins that monitor system information
TGonZo

SimplePerfMeters 2.5.0

Post by TGonZo »

It's been a long while, but I finally did some updates to my SimplePerfMeters, now at ver 2.5.0.
https://www.deviantart.com/tgonz0/art/SimplePerfMeters-2-5-0-545921728

Here are most of the changes from 2.3.0 (a couple years back).
- updated the CPUmem skins to auto detect up to 64 threads, for you ThreadRipper guys.
- changed the weather skin to use OpenWeatherMap.org, works with a free account from them.
- created 4 weather skins.
- added SSD life percent as a tooltip over the Disk Size above the drive letter. Needs HWiNFO.
- can now hide both internal and external IPs from settings, I found that useful when screen sharing.
- added a thin border, configurable, and can turn on/off in settings.
- added Blur effect, can turn on/off in settings.
- includes the latest HWiNFO plugin 3.2.0
- includes the FrostedGlass.dll from theAzack9.
- cleaned up some code and standardize a few things.
- Fixed a few bugs in code, mostly from all the copy/paste I was doing. Standardizing some names helped.

You can check it out on my Deviantart page at the link above.
I've updated all the things I've been wanting to do. So as long as I don't find any more bugs, that should be it for a little while.
Thanks for checking it out.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: SimplePerfMeters 2.5.0

Post by SilverAzide »

TGonZo wrote: July 8th, 2023, 5:20 am
Welcome back! Glad to see you are still alive! :)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
TGonZo

Post by TGonZo »

Thanks! I've been more busy than normal with work the last couple of years, so I put this on the back burner for a while. But I had to get this done. A few things were bugging me. Mostly taken care of now. I keep thinking I want to make my skins look nicer, more polished looking, but then I could not call them Simple. lol. Simple in looks, not in function. I don't think I am great in the visual design dept. I'm good at simple yet effective looking skins. I'm an engineer not a designer. lol.

I do like the looks of your Alien skins. Very nice design. Looks good.
TGonZo

Post by TGonZo »

I think I will convert my weather skin to use weather.com json api. Seems many people are using that with good success. I used openweathermap.org back when the previous weather URL I was using was turned off. It doesn't much matter why now. But I am interested in making it work with weather.com. Stay tuned. One more version on the horizon.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

TGonZo wrote: July 8th, 2023, 6:23 pm I think I will convert my weather skin to use weather.com json api. Seems many people are using that with good success. I used openweathermap.org back when the previous weather URL I was using was turned off. It doesn't much matter why now. But I am interested in making it work with weather.com. Stay tuned. One more version on the horizon.
Yes, using the JSON templates makes building weather skins a snap. All you need to worry about are the meters, the measures are done for you.

P.S.: Using the freebie HWiNFO 7.x supports using Rainmeter without any plugin, and without any 12-hour limits. Converting your skins to using the 7.x version is simple, and makes configuration a lot simpler too.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
TGonZo

Post by TGonZo »

Yes, I grabbed jsmorley's WeatherComJSON skin and started looking into that. That should be a big help not having to reinvent the measures.
I've also seen some post on using HWiNFO 7.x without a plugin, and that sounded very interesting. I will look into that as well.
So it might be a little while to get all that done before I release another update.
I appreciate the tips. Thanks a bunch.