It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 4:37 pm

Issue with music progress bar.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RoseRain

Issue with music progress bar.

Post by RoseRain »

Hey everyone!

Just need a little advice.
I have been searching for a clickable and possibly draggable progress bar for music.

I did not find a draggable one yet, so I decided to use the clickable ones such as Mond for now until I can try to learn how to make one, do some research on it.

With Mond, and other clickable progress bars....
I have noticed an issue with it... it only lets me click about 3 min and 34 seconds into the song and if I click further down the bar, the song restarts from the beginning and the progress goes back to the beginning. I can click anywhere within the bar if it doesn't exceed 3:34 min and it works. But soon as I go over that, the bar goes back and so does the song, so I can't click further.
Clicking back on the bar, is ok, its clicking ahead that isn't.

I have tried it with other skins too besides Mond, And exactly the same thing happens... (All this is using Spotify)

(I did try with Windows Media Player just to see if it was maybe an issue with Spotify, but WMP was even worse)

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Maybe a setting I need to change? or is this supposed to be like this?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Issue with music progress bar.

Post by balala »

RoseRain wrote: June 26th, 2023, 2:37 am I have been searching for a clickable and possibly draggable progress bar for music.

I did not find a draggable one yet, so I decided to use the clickable ones such as Mond for now until I can try to learn how to make one, do some research on it.
Check the Mirage\MediaPlayer\MediaPlayer.ini skin of my Mirage suite. It has a clickable and draggable progress bar.
RoseRain wrote: June 26th, 2023, 2:37 am Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Maybe a setting I need to change? or is this supposed to be like this?
No, have not, since we don't have the code. Post it, or even better pack the whole config and upload the package.
RoseRain

Post by RoseRain »

balala wrote: June 26th, 2023, 5:52 am Check the Mirage\MediaPlayer\MediaPlayer.ini skin of my Mirage suite. It has a clickable and draggable progress bar.

No, have not, since we don't have the code. Post it, or even better pack the whole config and upload the package.

I used this one:
https://www.deviantart.com/vinithkumar/art/Blurry-Music-Player-885682090
changed the settings to spotify.

I also used Mond.

Does your media player work with Spotify?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RoseRain wrote: June 26th, 2023, 6:27 am Does your media player work with Spotify?
No, it doesn't, because Spotify is just partially supported by the NowPlaying measures. But you can try to see how the clicking and dragging on the progress bar available on the skin does work, for instance with Windows Media Player.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RoseRain wrote: June 26th, 2023, 6:27 amI used this one:
https://www.deviantart.com/vinithkumar/art/Blurry-Music-Player-885682090
changed the settings to spotify.
RoseRain wrote: June 26th, 2023, 2:37 amDoes anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Maybe a setting I need to change? or is this supposed to be like this?
As you know, I'm using Winamp and not Spotify, and don't get the issue you're describing, when using the NowPlaying plugin (which of course, isn't fully supporting Spotify anyway). When using WebNowPlaying with Winamp, I do get the issue described here, which could play a part in what you're experiencing, but I doubt that it would be present for Spotify (otherwise other Spotify users would have complained about it in the WebNowPlaying thread).

Other than that, the skin you linked to is using the NowPlaying plugin, and not the WebNowPlaying one, so, unless you edited it to use WebNowPlaying measures, it will behave just like any NowPlaying skin is with an only partially supported player like Spotify. If you made the changes required for it to work with WebNowPlaying measures, then in theory all should be fine - if not, checking with keifufu, the current plugin's developer, might help.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RoseRain

Post by RoseRain »

balala wrote: June 26th, 2023, 8:14 am No, it doesn't, because Spotify is just partially supported by the NowPlaying measures. But you can try to see how the clicking and dragging on the progress bar available on the skin does work, for instance with Windows Media Player.
Your media player works perfectly with Windows Media Player. Tested it. It's lovely :)
But I only use Spotify though.
RoseRain

Post by RoseRain »

Yincognito wrote: June 26th, 2023, 8:37 am Other than that, the skin you linked to is using the NowPlaying plugin, and not the WebNowPlaying one, so, unless you edited it to use WebNowPlaying measures, it will behave just like any NowPlaying skin is with an only partially supported player like Spotify. If you made the changes required for it to work with WebNowPlaying measures, then in theory all should be fine - if not, checking with keifufu, the current plugin's developer, might help.
I did edit it, and added WebNowPlaying. The timer and progress is fine... its just that issue. I can't click past 3:34min without it going back to the beginning and restarting the song.

When I use the skin as is, unedited, using NowPlaying... with Windows Media Player (Just tried it again now) it works fine.

So its only happening with Spotify and WebNowPlaying.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RoseRain wrote: June 26th, 2023, 12:35 pm I did edit it, and added WebNowPlaying. The timer and progress is fine... its just that issue. I can't click past 3:34min without it going back to the beginning and restarting the song.

When I use the skin as is, unedited, using NowPlaying... with Windows Media Player (Just tried it again now) it works fine.

I see. Can you post the edited code, just to see if there isn't something there that could cause the issue? :???:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

RoseRain wrote: June 26th, 2023, 12:35 pm I did edit it, and added WebNowPlaying. The timer and progress is fine... its just that issue. I can't click past 3:34min without it going back to the beginning and restarting the song.

I use the Player.ini skin from the updated Mondtholomew package and it has the same issue when trying to click beyond ~80% of the progress.
The problem is an error in the code that determines the position of the mouse cursor over the progress bar.
To correct, you need to edit the 'Measures.inc' file in the Player folder by changing the Formula as shown:

Code: Select all

[MeasureSeekPercentage]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Clamp((#MouseX# - [MeterSeek:X] - #SeekBarPadding#) / Max([BarMaxWidth],1),0,1) * 100)
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
DynamicVariables=1
This returns the correct percentage for the mouse position in relation to the progress bar's actual width by using [BarMaxWidth] instead of the meter width in the formula.

Hope this helps :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 26th, 2023, 1:04 pmHope this helps :)
This will help for sure in the case of the updated Mond skin, but doesn't explain the similar behavior in the Blurry Music Player linked above, where setting the position via click is much more straightforward:

Code: Select all

[MeterBar]
Meter=Shape
X=(25*#Scale#)
Y=(122*#Scale#)
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,(76*#Scale#),(1*#Scale#),0 | Fill Color 0,0,0,30 | StrokeWidth 0
Shape2=Rectangle 0,0,([MeasureProgress]*0.75*#Scale#),(1*#Scale#),0 | Fill Color 0,0,0 | StrokeWidth 0
Shape3=Ellipse ([MeasureProgress]*0.75*#Scale#),(0.8*#Scale#),(4*#Scale#) |Fill Color 0,0,0 | StrokeWidth 0
Shape4=Rectangle 0,(-1*#Scale#),(76*#Scale#),(3*#Scale#),0 | Fill Color 0,0,0,1 | StrokeWidth 0
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureProgress" "SetPosition $MouseX:%$"]
Unless it's related to the scaling formulas, but then it should fail for any player and plugin, not just Spotify and WebNowPlaying... :confused: