It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:42 am

Rainmeter crashed

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
qwich

Rainmeter crashed

Post by qwich »

I'm installing a rainmeter for the first time, at startup the program opens and closes after 1-2 seconds, I tried deleting it and downloading it again, nothing helped
My PC
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
RTX 3050
RAM 16,0 GB
Windows 11 Pro version 22H2
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter crashed

Post by SilverAzide »

qwich wrote: June 10th, 2023, 4:58 pm I'm installing a rainmeter for the first time, at startup the program opens and closes after 1-2 seconds, I tried deleting it and downloading it again, nothing helped
My PC
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
RTX 3050
RAM 16,0 GB
Windows 11 Pro version 22H2
The info you posted isn't enough for anyone to help you.

Read the sticky post at the top of this forum: How to Report if Rainmeter Crashes.
And definitely read this sticky post: Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
qwich

Post by qwich »

Hello, I've already tried all these methods, but it didn't help me, I don't have a crash dump file
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwich wrote: June 10th, 2023, 4:58 pm I'm installing a rainmeter for the first time, at startup the program opens and closes after 1-2 seconds, I tried deleting it and downloading it again, nothing helped
Did you install any skin, beside installing Rainmeter?
qwich

Post by qwich »

I tried to install skins, but as with them, as without them, the program crashes
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwich wrote: June 10th, 2023, 6:26 pm I tried to install skins, but as with them, as without them, the program crashes
If you succeeded in trying to install skins, means Rainmeter were working. Maybe you've succeeded in installing some skin, which is crashing Rainmeter. So, for first, try holding down the CTRL key when you're launching Rainmeter. You get a Rainmeter Safe Start dialog, which ask you if you want to launch Rainmeter in Safe Start mode. Click Yes, to launch it this way. Does Rainmeter start in this mode?
qwich

Post by qwich »

I've already tried to run it like this, but this window crashes and I can't click yes
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwich wrote: June 10th, 2023, 7:33 pm I've already tried to run it like this, but this window crashes and I can't click yes
In this case try following the "Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do?" link, in SilverAzide's reply above.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

qwich wrote: June 10th, 2023, 7:33 pm I've already tried to run it like this, but this window crashes and I can't click yes
The only other thing I can suggest would be for you to tell us the complete path where you installed Rainmeter and the complete path to your installed skins (if any). You must have read and write privileges for the folder you use for skins and Rainmeter data. :confused:
qwich

Post by qwich »

I install using the standard path