It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:26 pm

NowPlaying stopped working.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: NowPlaying stopped working.

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2023, 8:18 pm The cad plugin is purely for showing artwork, isn't it? Or does it do more than that?

I don't understand how now playing says it fully supports foobar, yet you need a plugin. If you need a plugin, it stands to reason it doesn't support it, the plugin does. The plugin is called cad, which, from what I've seen, stands for cover art display. So isn't it just for that? :confused:

There isn't a 64bit version of cad or cad plus plugin, that's why I'm here asking about this issue, trying to find any way around it. ;-)
By CAD plugin, you mean the .DLL that's inside the foo_cad_plus-1.3.3.fb2k-component
fake .ZIP? It's a single DLL and from the looks of the source code it "seems" to be an x86 only plugin indeed (if I didn't get the XML wrong, that is)... but then, I took the bite, installed it along with foobar2000, and noticed that you can use the 32-bit version of foobar2000 2.0 and it will work - again, in the audio and player skins from my suite, plus my custom tooltip for the player one:
Foobar.jpg
Now, on the 64bit version... from their site it looks like the final 2.0 version has been released on 2023-04-26 aka 9 days ago, certainly not enough time for the plugin developer to release an x64 version of the foo_cad plugin (if he's ever going to release one), is it?

So, long story short, you can use the 32-bit version of foobar2000 2.0 and it will work. Didn't test the 64-bit foobar2000 or the album art (as I said, I couldn't care less about the album art, not to mention I deleted all metadata from my audio files bar the artist and track used for lyrics, so you'll have to see for yourself on that regard), but it looks like a reasonable alternative until the x64 version will be fully supported.

P.S. I did have to close both Rainmeter and Foobar2000 before it started to work though. No system restart needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Yincognito on May 5th, 2023, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2023, 8:18 pm The cad plugin is purely for showing artwork, isn't it? Or does it do more than that?
Don't know and since I'm not using foobar2000, I can't check and don't know what to say.
sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2023, 8:18 pm I don't understand how now playing says it fully supports foobar, yet you need a plugin. If you need a plugin, it stands to reason it doesn't support it, the plugin does.
But using a plugin, the player becomes fully supported. The not fully supported players, are not supported either with or without plugin (Spotify for instance is partially supported and there is no plugin, to make it fully supported).
sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2023, 8:18 pm There isn't a 64bit version of cad or cad plus plugin, that's why I'm here asking about this issue, trying to find any way around it. ;-)
Are you sure? I don't know, however there should be a 64-bit version. At least it is extremely weird not to exist (however not impossible either). Me personally can't help you more at this point unfortunately, since as said, I'm not using foobar.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

I don't understand how now playing says it fully supports foobar, yet you need a plugin. If you need a plugin, it stands to reason it doesn't support it, the plugin does. The plugin is called cad, which, from what I've seen, stands for cover art display. So isn't it just for that? :confused:

There isn't a 64bit version of cad or cad plus plugin, that's why I'm here asking about this issue, trying to find any way around it. ;-)
Alright, went further and tested an audio file having the artwork, and it works with the 32bit version of foobar2000. I used the Soita skin by poiru from the manual for this, since although I could have included artwork in my skin, I intentionally didn't to maximize compatibility with as many players as possible (so I only kept the PlayerType options and the bangs that worked or had an equivalent in most supported players, even designed alternatives to get stuff like artist and track based on the filename).

Since I went through to this point, I decided to test the 64bit version too, and, as expected, none of the fields (including the artwork) worked. So, sticking with the 32bit version is the best choice for now.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: May 5th, 2023, 10:23 pm Since I went through to this point, I decided to test the 64bit version too, and, as expected, none of the fields (including the artwork) worked. So, sticking with the 32bit version is the best choice for now.
Are you sure? Because this is extremely weird. To work the 32-bit version, but not to work its 64-bit, it's something I can't imagine (yep, my imagination might be limited). Might be, but it's definitely weird, in my opinion.
But additionally sl23 said there is no 64-bit version of the required plugin:
sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2023, 8:18 pm There isn't a 64bit version of cad or cad plus plugin, that's why I'm here asking about this issue, trying to find any way around it. ;-)
So finally is or isn't such a version (didn't check however, especially that I can't test either)?
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thanks for your replies and efforts to help.

I know it's just been released and that there's no 64bit plugin. Believe me, I searched the net thoroughly. But thanks for installing and testing everything.

You see though, my problem as I said before is that when I updated foobar, it was the 32bit version that got installed. I know this as my file manager has a Bits column that tells you if any exe or dll is 32bit or 64bit. This was when the issue started, which is why I came here. Everything stopped working from the skin, it wouldn't even open foobar anymore! Even though nothing had changed regarding the path or app name.

Strange, I'll reinstall the 32bit version and see if I can get it working...

Thanks again :thumbup:
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alright. And sorry, but me personally can't help you more on this question, since as said, I'm not using foobar. Just saw your question, knew a plugin is required so replied. But can't do anything further. Sorry, but I think finally you'll get a solution from those who are using this software.
sl23 wrote: May 6th, 2023, 6:48 am I know this as my file manager has a Bits column that tells you if any exe or dll is 32bit or 64bit.
What are you using for this?
sl23 wrote: May 6th, 2023, 6:48 am Strange, I'll reinstall the 32bit version and see if I can get it working...
Ok, please let us know what's going on.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Hey, balala, don't apologise for trying to help! :rosegift:

My file manager is XYplorer. :) it uses scripting so you can create a column for just about anything.

Soon as I find that problem, I'll be back... :sly:
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Ok, so I installed v2 x32 over the v1.6.16 x32 and soon as I do, the Rainmeter skin stops functioning with regard to opening, closing, controlling and showing cover art for foobar. It's a complete shutdown in relation to the new foobar. I reckon one or more dll's must be x64 but XYplorer is showing as x32? Is that possible?
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I seem to have solved the issue, who knows what caused it though!
I deleted the existing setup, except the Profile folder, then copied the new install files over. restarted foobar, wouldn't work via Rainmeter skin. But on first foobar start, it says to delete two deprecated plugins, did that and hey presto, it works?!

Very strange. These were removed in the older install too, so dunno why it made a difference now?!
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: May 6th, 2023, 8:21 amMy file manager is XYplorer. :) it uses scripting so you can create a column for just about anything.
Thanks, I was also interested in the answer to this question. :) Too bad it doesn't seem to have horizontal splitting of its window (only vertical one), because otherwise the 32bit vs 64bit interrogation thingy is quite nice to have.