It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:13 pm

Scroll Credits

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Scroll Credits

Post by eclectic-tech »

A little utility to display vertically scrolling text. A rework of skin ideas written about 10 yrs.ago :o

Now that Font Size are not limited to integer values, I was able to replace TransformationMatrix formulas to control scale with simple font multipliers which improved my original concept.

Four example skins are included in the rmskin package to demonstrate most of the features:
:17dot4 Scroll_Text ~ Plain text

:17dot4 Scroll_Overlay ~ iPad overlay image
scolltext.png

:17dot4 Scroll_Underlay ~ Scroll paper underlay image (partial animation)
scrolltext.gif

:17dot4 Scroll_Star_Wars ~ Fading text with Underlay image (partial animation and sound)
starwars2.gif

============= CREDITS =============
:17dot7 Scroll window modified from Manci5 Lyrics Skin (manci5.deviantart.com)
:17dot7 Star Wars Theme by John Williams courtesy of Archive.org
:17dot7 Gplay is a minimalist console multimedia player using Microsoft's DirectShow, included in the UnxUtils collection. Usage is gplay.exe FILENAME | URL from a command-line interpreter or the Microsoft Windows run prompt. The program was developed by Dr. Karl M. Syring and should be able to play any video or audio file that is supported by the underlying operating system.

Scroll Credits_1.2023.05.04.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Re: Scroll Credits

Post by sl23 »

Not something I have use for, but I thought I'd take a look anyway. The star wars inspired scrolling is very impressive! :thumbup:
- MuLab -
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Scroll Credits

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 6:07 am Not something I have use for, but I thought I'd take a look anyway. The star wars inspired scrolling is very impressive! :thumbup:
Thanks! Yes, nothing earth-shattering, but I thought some people may find them useful.