Re: Animation Question

Post by PsxDoomForever »

Edit: This one's for PsxDoomForever:
Is that Samuel Hayden of Ultimate DOOM?

No. TwoFace Doom Forever pirate Mod 2000. Cyberdemon Substitute
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

That can be done, and it would require another meter: String. With MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
HighlightColor=
FontColor=

[Shortcut]
Meter=String
FontFace=
FontSize=
FontColor=#FontColor#
Text=Browser

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Shortcut FontColor "#HighlightColor#"][!UpdateMeter Shortcut][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Shortcut FontColor "#FontColor#][!UpdateMeter Shortcut][!Redraw]

AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
Use your font settings.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

PsxDoomForever wrote: November 5th, 2023, 3:59 pmOwn shortcuts on the Windows desktop that will be responsible for this or that folder or program on my desktop - can’t they be animated? :jawdrop
If they aren't drawn by Rainmeter (i.e. as part of a skin), nope. Windows' desktop shortcuts are controlled by Windows, not Rainmeter, so unless using some kind of program to patch the Windows DLLs, manipulating them the way you want is not possible. Of course, if they are part of a skin, you can do all kinds of things with them.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
PsxDoomForever

Post by PsxDoomForever »

The desktop shortcuts - as in default ones that come in package with operating system or shortcuts from some skin in Rainmeter?

The simplest skin that will be responsible for the animation of icons on the desktop. I will create icons in the skin that will be responsible for opening a program or folder.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

May I suggest you to look at some Docks and Launchers? What you might be trying to accomplish might already be made.
PsxDoomForever

Post by PsxDoomForever »

Of course, if they are part of a skin, you can do all kinds of things with them.
[/quote]

Yes. They will be part of a simple skin, where I will create icons responsible for opening a folder or program.
PsxDoomForever

Post by PsxDoomForever »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 5th, 2023, 4:13 pm May I suggest you to look at some Docks and Launchers? What you might be trying to accomplish might already be made.
Where can I see them?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

PsxDoomForever wrote: November 5th, 2023, 4:11 pm The desktop shortcuts - as in default ones that come in package with operating system or shortcuts from some skin in Rainmeter?
Unfortunately you can't use Rainmeter to react to mouse hovering over a Windows shortcut, wherever is it placed. Sorry, but that's it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

PsxDoomForever wrote: November 5th, 2023, 4:11 pmThe simplest skin that will be responsible for the animation of icons on the desktop. I will create icons in the skin that will be responsible for opening a program or folder.
You can open a program or folder from whatever icons in your skin, but don't expect those icons to replace the default ones that come in package with operating system. Overlapping them and such, yes, but replacing them, no.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

PsxDoomForever wrote: November 5th, 2023, 4:14 pm Where can I see them?
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=139