It is currently May 4th, 2024, 9:30 pm

Sound Levels - muting channels + the AppVol skin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Sound Levels - muting channels + the AppVol skin.

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,
I got this idea. I goes like this; I have a skin that calls a Play bang but with things set up in a generally normal manner, that Play is not loud enough to hear over general and gaming use.

So I thought to mute all channels whilst keeping the rainmeter and system volumes, to temporarily allow my Play wav to be heard.

My issue is that I am not sure how to utilise the AppVolume plugin by khanas. I have modified his example skin, but only cosmetically. Some small adjustments were also worked in but they do not change the behaviour of the plugin.

I guess, if someone better can work out how to do this idea, the main goal is to mute everything except the Rainmeter channel and of course the system volume channel.

Here is my modified skin:
Code Code mod for AppVolume_x.rmskin
Thanks for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sound Levels - muting channels + the AppVol skin.

Post by eclectic-tech »

I haven't used the AppVolume plugin very much, so I do not know if there is a way to control ALL apps with a single !CommandMeasure bang.
You can take multiple actions to toggle the mute on a set number of apps prior to playing your sound, then toggle them back after a short delay.

Change [MaterShape] RightMouseUpAction to do this; it will toggle the mute on the first 4 possible apps (you will see errors in the log if there are less than 4 apps being controlled), play a chime wav, then toggle the mute after a 3 second delay.

Code: Select all

RightMouseUpAction = [!CommandMeasure AppVol1 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol2 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol3 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol4 "ToggleMute"][Play "chime.wav"][!Delay 3000][!CommandMeasure AppVol1 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol2 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol3 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol4 "ToggleMute"]
Not elegant, but it may work for your purposes.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hey ET,

I figured something close to your suggestion might work. There is an additional factor; I want to call that string of Bangs from [!OnRefreshAction "ToggleMute" "So This Is Where the config would go"]

Additionally I seem to be getting no reaction with the above being taken into account (on refresh etc).

I think I am a bit dark on what syntax the config should be in, such as [!OnRefreshAction "ParentFolder" "AppVol.ini"] Which does not seem to be working.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh, this is the skin I am attempting to perform like I intend (recent thread) :
Notes and Memory_x.rmskin
This is the measure I am trying to call these commands from:

Code: Select all

[MeasureCheckNotes]
Measure=Calc
IfCondition=(([MeasureTimeMins:] = 59) && ([MeasureTimeSecs:] < 01)) && (#Open# = 0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable Open "1"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Open "[#Open]" "#@#Notes.inc"][!SetVariable Close "0"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Close "[#Close]" "#@#Notes.inc"][!SetVariable Small "0"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Small "[#Small]" "#@#Notes.inc"][!SetVariable Scrolls "0"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scrolls "[#Scrolls]" "#@#Notes.inc"][!ShowMeterGroup Close][!ShowMeterGroup Border][!HideMeterGroup Open][!Refresh][!Update]
OnRefreshAction=[!CommandMeasure AppVol1 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol2 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol3 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol4 "ToggleMute"][Play "chime.wav"][!Delay 3000][!CommandMeasure AppVol1 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol2 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol3 "ToggleMute"][!CommandMeasure AppVol4 "ToggleMute"]
DynamicVariables=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Don't have time this afternnon or evening to look deeper, but right off the top I see an issue with your measure:

OnRefreshAction is only valid in the [Rainmeter] section
Try OnChangeAction instead
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 17th, 2023, 8:28 pm Don't have time this afternnon or evening to look deeper, but right off the top I see an issue with your measure:

OnRefreshAction is only valid in the [Rainmeter] section
Try OnChangeAction instead
Thanks ET. Good to say Hi.
I am going to go about the idea a different way.

Thanks for you help.
:great: