It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:06 pm

HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 4.0 [Light Mode Update]

Skins that monitor system information
RicardoTM

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges [New 1.0 Version]

Post by RicardoTM »

endpoint101 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:10 pm Great job on this RicardoTM! In fact, I've featured them in a DIY video I've recently created which shows how to set these gauges up on a 5" secondary display 8-)

Hey! Wow thank you for the feature and great video! I'll add it to the main post as reference. :D

Greetings.
Cajuninabox

Post by Cajuninabox »

Any chance I could request dynamic RGB based on the gauge value vs the min and max?
mvez73

Post by mvez73 »

Hi. Is it possible to add more gauges? I would like to have 3 cpu gauges -> cpu temp, cpu fan speed and water pump speed.
Also, i would like to have more than one gpu gauge and same for ssd/hdd. How can i do that please?

Thanks!
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Cajuninabox wrote: May 31st, 2023, 7:23 pm Any chance I could request dynamic RGB based on the gauge value vs the min and max?
Hey,

I also want that functionality but I haven't been able to make it work due to how Rainmeter works, the problem is the "Dynamic" part. It's easy doable using images but making it possible to change the colors is the hard part. I made it using matrices and apparently there's no way (that I know of) to make gradients using matrices.
mvez73 wrote: November 26th, 2023, 5:44 pm Hi. Is it possible to add more gauges? I would like to have 3 cpu gauges -> cpu temp, cpu fan speed and water pump speed.
Also, i would like to have more than one gpu gauge and same for ssd/hdd. How can i do that please?

Thanks!
Hey,

Well, it's technically possible but it requires a lot of duplicating folders, modifying the files such as changing their names and creating and modifying a bunch of variables for every new gauge and its list. And their sensors of course.

So, unless you understand how Rainmeter code works, it'll be a very time consuming task if you really want that many gauges. That's the reason I created the list functionality, to have all the other sensors in there and just keep the Gauges for the main sensor.

You can check the code though, I left some notes in there.
Last edited by RicardoTM on November 28th, 2023, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: November 27th, 2023, 9:10 am I also want that functionality but I haven't being able to make it work due to how Rainmeter works, the problem is the "Dynamic" part. It's easy doable using images but making it possible to change the colors is the hard part. I made it using matrices and apparently there's no way (that I know of) to make gradients using matrices.
Not sure what you're referring to when saying that you made gradients using matrices (color matrices, maybe, but what do they have to do with gradients?) or the difficulty of changing colors, but you could just reuse a single gauge image and tint or recolor it with the proportional value corresponding to the measured value. Both Greyscale / ImageTint and ColorMatrixN can easily either recolor or tint any image in any way you like. Both my unreleased and released Earth skins use color matrices to make the Earth look like Mars or any other differently colored planet if desired.

Also, making more gauges is again easily (alright, not that easily, lol) doable if you merge a sufficient number of gauges in a single skin, and hide or show them at will. The moving part can be achieved by using the Mouse plugin for dragging, e.g.:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=26030&start=50#p218513
Of course, that would involve rewriting the skin and possibly some other challenges along the way, but still - it's still possible, if approaching things in a suited manner for the objective from the beginning. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: November 27th, 2023, 1:45 pm Not sure what you're referring to when saying that you made gradients using matrices (color matrices, maybe, but what do they have to do with gradients?) or the difficulty of changing colors, but you could just reuse a single gauge image and tint or recolor it with the proportional value corresponding to the measured value. Both Greyscale / ImageTint and ColorMatrixN can easily either recolor or tint any image in any way you like. Both my unreleased and released Earth skins use color matrices to make the Earth look like Mars or any other differently colored planet if desired.
Yup, I know using images is quite an easy task, I remember back when I was making the skin I added that functionality, creating a black to white gradient and then just using colortint. The thing is that colors were not accurate, at the end I didn't like how it turned out and just put that project aside and moved on. Maybe I can try again, maybe this time I manage to do a better job there.

I'll check your Earth skin later to see better what you did.
Yincognito wrote: November 27th, 2023, 1:45 pm Also, making more gauges is again easily (alright, not that easily, lol) doable if you merge a sufficient number of gauges in a single skin, and hide or show them at will. The moving part can be achieved by using the Mouse plugin for dragging, e.g.:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=26030&start=50#p218513
Of course, that would involve rewriting the skin and possibly some other challenges along the way, but still - it's still possible, if approaching things in a suited manner for the objective from the beginning. ;-)
Making more gauges was never intended and I don't feel like rewriting the entire skin. It works well for me the way it is right now. Maybe I can make another version with only the Gauges, without the lists. At the end, the gauges are in any way complex to do. The complex part was the resizable functionality (which ended up being actually easy) and the lists following the gauges and some other challenges I had to overcome.

Yeah.. I think i'll do that, I'll make another version with only gauges and I'll experiment with how to let the user create as many gauges as they want and the dynamic color stuff. Then I'll see if I can implement something of that on this skin. Like a Gauge Maker.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Yeah, no worries, I was just saying that it can be done, the decision is yours, of course.

The colors not being accurate might have been if you only tinted without greyscaling first to recolor the image, though even so, using color matrices gets the job done if used properly (took me a while to figure what each of its parameters meant in practice).

My released Earth skin is actually done in Javascript where they have a similar color matrix available (the skin has quite a few requirements, by the way), but I have my Rainmeter only equivalent which is too large to post here (9 GB, lots of image frames!) where I successfully did it in Rainmeter.

A gauge maker would be great, it's up to you if you want to try it, I suggest starting simple so you don't waste time if it won't eventually work exactly as you want it to (you know best the particularities of your skin).

If by any chance you can / want to give a simple example of how the colors might be inaccurate when tinting or applying a color matrix, I'd be glad to help in that regard if possible, by the way. Nice job with your skin, forgot to say this. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: November 28th, 2023, 2:41 am Yeah, no worries, I was just saying that it can be done, the decision is yours, of course.

The colors not being accurate might have been if you only tinted without greyscaling first to recolor the image, though even so, using color matrices gets the job done if used properly (took me a while to figure what each of its parameters meant in practice).

My released Earth skin is actually done in Javascript where they have a similar color matrix available (the skin has quite a few requirements, by the way), but I have my Rainmeter only equivalent which is too large to post here (9 GB, lots of image frames!) where I successfully did it in Rainmeter.

A gauge maker would be great, it's up to you if you want to try it, I suggest starting simple so you don't waste time if it won't eventually work exactly as you want it to (you know best the particularities of your skin).

If by any chance you can / want to give a simple example of how the colors might be inaccurate when tinting or applying a color matrix, I'd be glad to help in that regard if possible, by the way. Nice job with your skin, forgot to say this. ;-)
I'll PM you so we don't clutter here.

(And thank you :D)
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Cajuninabox wrote: May 31st, 2023, 7:23 pm Any chance I could request dynamic RGB based on the gauge value vs the min and max?
Hey, after some more thinking and tweaking I found a way to make it possible to select 3 colors for the gauge based on the state of the gauge. Once I correctly implement it I'll be able to launch a new version with this new variant.

I want to make some more changes to the code before releasing it so it will take some time, stay tuned.
RicardoTM

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges [New 1.2 Version]

Post by RicardoTM »

New Version 1.2
Version 1.2 - Second Update
  • Added new tricolor RGB variant.
  • Added 2 new versions of RGB Code by HiTBiT-PA modified by me.
  • Deleted 4 old variants and added the new one to the variant selector.
  • Increased the maximum number of digits on the config skins from 3 to 4.
  • Some variables were changed.
  • Code cleaning.
  • Minor bug fixes.
Package added to the main post.