It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:41 am

HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 4.0 [Light Mode Update]

Skins that monitor system information
RicardoTM

Resizable Gauges 3.0 [Update]

Post by RicardoTM »

Version 3.0 has been released on the main post.

Version 3.0 - Fourth Update
  • Complete file structure and code rework.
  • Added new HSLiders customization panel.
  • Added Mouse plugin
  • Now the list can be contracted and expanded.
  • Added dynamic Gauge's text size.
  • Now the gauge can display units.
  • Added custom context actions to the gauges.
  • Now the Refresh Rate can be changed by the user through the Settings panel.
  • Added Gauge Creator skin.
  • Code Optimization.
Sozo

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 3.0 [2024 Update]

Post by Sozo »

Hi, these are amazing. I've never seen anything else on Rainmeter that has these HWiNFO monitoring features, but I do have a few suggestions:

1. Is it possible to change the opacity of the list background, like 100% opacity, because it can be difficult to see the list text if you have a white wallpaper, or for if you want to seamlessly overlap the gauge lists with no visible edges?

2. Is it possible to make it so you can change the color of the gauges and the gauge list to white, with dark/black text? Basically make an option for everything to be negative of the current color?
  • Especially because my PC case is white with a white aesthetic, but the black gauges don't match very well. And given how much more popular white builds are these days.
3. The CPU usage of these gauges are quite high (~20% in Task Manager on a 14600k), just to run 8 gauges and 2 lists at 5 seconds refresh. Hopefully there can be some performance optimizations for future updates. Or maybe this is just a problem with Rainmeter in general?
  • I haven't tried a similar kind of gauge setup on AIDA64 yet, but I bet you could get under half the CPU usage over this on Rainmeter, although comparing them is probably unfair, since AIDA64 is paid software.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Sozo wrote: February 17th, 2024, 4:09 am Hi, these are amazing. I've never seen anything else on Rainmeter that has these HWiNFO monitoring features, but I do have a few suggestions:

1. Is it possible to change the opacity of the list background, like 100% opacity, because it can be difficult to see the list text if you have a white wallpaper, or for if you want to seamlessly overlap the gauge lists with no visible edges?

2. Is it possible to make it so you can change the color of the gauges and the gauge list to white, with dark/black text? Basically make an option for everything to be negative of the current color?
  • Especially because my PC case is white with a white aesthetic, but the black gauges don't match very well. And given how much more popular white builds are these days.
3. The CPU usage of these gauges are quite high (~20% in Task Manager on a 14600k), just to run 8 gauges and 2 lists at 5 seconds refresh. Hopefully there can be some performance optimizations for future updates. Or maybe this is just a problem with Rainmeter in general?
  • I haven't tried a similar kind of gauge setup on AIDA64 yet, but I bet you could get under half the CPU usage over this on Rainmeter, although comparing them is probably unfair, since AIDA64 is paid software.
Hey, thank you for your suggestions.

About the CPU usage, yes, I already solved that issue and next update will come with huge performance improvements.

I also increased the opacity of the list for the next update, but, if you want, you can change it to whatever you like by going into @Resources\Colors.inc. Gradient3 is the list's background.

And about the white gauges, that wouldn't come in next update but I'll see what I can do, I like the idea. The thing is that I would have to create white versions of the gauges (they're images) to do that, and add the necessary options to select them, but in the meantime, you can change the color of the list by editing the gradients in the same file I mentioned above, but I would recommend you to wait for next update.

Next update is almost ready and should be released pretty soon, maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday.
Sozo

Post by Sozo »

RicardoTM wrote: February 17th, 2024, 5:10 am Hey, thank you for your suggestions.

About the CPU usage, yes, I already solved that issue and next update will come with huge performance improvements.

I also increased the opacity of the list for the next update, but, if you want, you can change it to whatever you like by going into @Resources\Colors.inc. Gradient3 is the list's background.

And about the white gauges, that wouldn't come in next update but I'll see what I can do, I like the idea. The thing is that I would have to create white versions of the gauges (they're images) to do that, and add the necessary options to select them, but in the meantime, you can change the color of the list by editing the gradients in the same file I mentioned above, but I would recommend you to wait for next update.

Next update is almost ready and should be released pretty soon, maybe tomorrow, maybe Sunday.
Hi again, thanks for your dedication and also pointing me in the right direction. Although I don't know anything about coding, the way you built your code seems fairly intuitive to tweak things.

I'm not the best designer in the world, but I'm trying to setup a sensor panel for someone as a gift, and I pretty much just inverted your gauge image files to make them white, changed the text color to "Color2" and added a background. Still, it doesn't look the best (the shadows are inverted and don't make sense). Maybe I'll try to fix it after your update.

But anyway, my last suggestion is could you implement an option or code to hide the 2 settings buttons on the list, and just have them show up on mouseover?
I think that would look much cleaner overall. That's the only nitpick I have left and these gauges are otherwise perfect.

Cheers and thanks again.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

RicardoTM wrote: February 17th, 2024, 5:10 am
Hello... I just wanted to point out that your skin package is including the old HWiNFO plugin, but your skins never use it. Your skins are using the newer HWiNFO 7.x feature that saves data to the registry. The old plugin also requires a companion app called the Shared Memory Viewer, which is missing, so you can't use the plugin even if you wanted to.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Sozo wrote: February 17th, 2024, 4:04 pm Hi again, thanks for your dedication and also pointing me in the right direction. Although I don't know anything about coding, the way you built your code seems fairly intuitive to tweak things.

I'm not the best designer in the world, but I'm trying to setup a sensor panel for someone as a gift, and I pretty much just inverted your gauge image files to make them white, changed the text color to "Color2" and added a background. Still, it doesn't look the best (the shadows are inverted and don't make sense). Maybe I'll try to fix it after your update.

But anyway, my last suggestion is could you implement an option or code to hide the 2 settings buttons on the list, and just have them show up on mouseover?
I think that would look much cleaner overall. That's the only nitpick I have left and these gauges are otherwise perfect.

Cheers and thanks again.

The best approach would be to replace the original images with your own images, they gotta be 300x300px. And have to have a Background and a Foreground, you can use the originals as templates, that would make sure any function is not affected. Thanks for the image, that gives me some inspiration. By the way, the update may not come tomorrow since a transformer on my block blew up so I have no electricity for now. They say it will take time but I hope it comes back soon. I was actually working on it last night when it happened :(

About the buttons, I'm not sure I would do that, but, if you want you can do it fairly easy. Although let me first release the update and I'll tell you how, there are some important changes on the list, I merged both the list and the gauge into the same ini file and some of the meters changed quite a lot, so if I tell you now you would have to do it again after the update.
SilverAzide wrote: February 17th, 2024, 5:03 pm Hello... I just wanted to point out that your skin package is including the old HWiNFO plugin, but your skins never use it. Your skins are using the newer HWiNFO 7.x feature that saves data to the registry. The old plugin also requires a companion app called the Shared Memory Viewer, which is missing, so you can't use the plugin even if you wanted to.
Hey Silver, mmmh, that's weird. I might have selected the wrong .dll when packaging, my intention is to only use the newest version of the plugin. I'll be more careful on the update. Thanks for pointing it out.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

RicardoTM wrote: February 17th, 2024, 6:17 pm Hey Silver, mmmh, that's weird. I might have selected the wrong .dll when packaging, my intention is to only use the newest version of the plugin. I'll be more careful on the update. Thanks for pointing it out.
Just to clarify, there is no plugin needed. All your skins are reading HWiNFO data using the Registry measure built into Rainmeter.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Sozo

Post by Sozo »

RicardoTM wrote: February 17th, 2024, 6:17 pm The best approach would be to replace the original images with your own images, they gotta be 300x300px. And have to have a Background and a Foreground, you can use the originals as templates, that would make sure any function is not affected. Thanks for the image, that gives me some inspiration. By the way, the update may not come tomorrow since a transformer on my block blew up so I have no electricity for now. They say it will take time but I hope it comes back soon. I was actually working on it last night when it happened :(

About the buttons, I'm not sure I would do that, but, if you want you can do it fairly easy. Although let me first release the update and I'll tell you how, there are some important changes on the list, I merged both the list and the gauge into the same ini file and some of the meters changed quite a lot, so if I tell you now you would have to do it again after the update.
Hey, thanks a bunch. I just need a way to hide the buttons, and have them only show up when mouse-overing the whole gauge/list that you are going to combine into one anyway. Looking forward to your update :D

Last question: How does the "Update" rate in the config file of each gauge/list correspond to seconds? Or will this be changing in the update as well?

[Rainmeter]
Update=20
Group= [#Name] | Gauge
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
DefaultAnchorX=50%
DefaultAnchorY=13.5%
DefaultAlwaysOnTop=-1

It seems like the default "20" makes the gauge GUI refresh roughly as fast as once every one second, even though this is also different than the "Refresh Rate" in the "Gauge Settings" panel.

I was able to reduce the CPU usage by like a half because my HWiNFO polling rate was set to 4000ms anyway, so I just made the "Update" 80 in the config, along with the "Refresh Rate" to 4 seconds.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

SilverAzide wrote: February 18th, 2024, 2:05 am Just to clarify, there is no plugin needed. All your skins are reading HWiNFO data using the Registry measure built into Rainmeter.
Oh really? I did not know that lol, I just read the HWiNFO topic again and JSMorley clearly said it, guess wasn't paying attention the first time I read it. Thank you for pointing it out.
Sozo wrote: February 18th, 2024, 2:49 am
Hey, thanks a bunch. I just need a way to hide the buttons, and have them only show up when mouse-overing the whole gauge/list that you are going to combine into one anyway. Looking forward to your update :D

Last question: How does the "Update" rate in the config file of each gauge/list correspond to seconds? Or will this be changing in the update as well?

It seems like the default "20" makes the gauge GUI refresh roughly as fast as once every one second, even though this is also different than the "Refresh Rate" in the "Gauge Settings" panel.

I was able to reduce the CPU usage by like a half because my HWiNFO polling rate was set to 4000ms anyway, so I just made the "Update" 80 in the config, along with the "Refresh Rate" to 4 seconds.
Yup, it's as easy as setting Mouse Over/Leave actions to the right meters, I'll tell you how and what meters when the update comes out.
Nvm, after testing it, I've decided to include that function by default, I like that it looks cleaner.

As for the Update=20, that won't exist anymore after the update. That was for the list to follow the gauge at 20ms. Code-Wise, Update is on milliseconds, so the gauge and the list were updating once every 20ms, which was the main cause of the high cpu usage, that's why I merged both skins so that's no longer necessary. On the settings skin, the update (aka refresh rate) is set on seconds so it's "easier" for the user, but a mRefresRate measure converts that into milliseconds, then on the gauge and list another measure grabbed that to set an update divider that made measures and meters update at (roughly) the set "Refresh Rate" (5 seconds by default) but leaving the list following measures at 20ms.
RicardoTM

Resizable Gauges 3.5 Performance Update

Post by RicardoTM »

This update is all about performance. New package added to main post.
RicardoTM wrote: January 10th, 2023, 12:47 am Version 3.5 - Fifth Update
  • Full code optimization.
  • Now the list and the gauge are merged into one.
  • Fixed an issue with the fonts.
  • Now the list's font changes with the design.
  • Improved dynamic font size.
  • Now the gauge can display decimals.
  • Improved custom context actions.
  • Now the gauges are synced.
  • Changed "Refresh Rate" to "Update Rate".
  • Now the sensors' measures enable and disable when needed.
  • Much more code optimization to increase performance.