It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:49 pm

HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 4.0 [Light Mode Update]

Skins that monitor system information
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges [New 1.2 Version]

Post by Yincognito »

As promised, here are the text alignment related screenshots that we talked about in PMs...

1. The Welcome Screen - notice the overlapping of "Continue" with "All good? ...":
Welcome Screen.jpg
2. The Gauge Settings - notice the overlapping of "you can modify ..." with "Show HWiNFO ...", the Index and Value texts progressively becoming unaligned to line separators and Title going towards the bottom of the skin, as well as the technically correct of alignment of InputBoxes like for Index of "25" (though not exactly over the text for the edited values underneath):
Gauge Settings.jpg
3. The Gauge Control - notice that "Enjoy it!" is precisely above the line separator; while not wrong in theory, in practice is not consistent with other cases in the skins (like those in the screenshots above, for example), where there is a decent gap between the bottom of the text and the line separator:
Gauge Control.jpg
Sorry for the delay in posting this, and good luck with your other developments / improvements of this nice package! ;-)

P.S. If you wonder, I captured these on my 1920 x 1080 laptop screen (normal Windows scaling of 100%). I keep the Taskbar visible, if that matters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Yincognito on November 30th, 2023, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: November 30th, 2023, 6:51 pm As promised, here are the text alignment related screenshots that we talked about in PMs...

1. The Welcome Screen - notice the overlapping of "Continue" with "All good? ...":
Welcome Screen.jpg
2. The Gauge Settings - notice the overlapping of "you can modify ..." with "Show HWiNFO ...", the Index and Value texts progressively becoming unaligned to line separators and Title going towards the bottom of the skin, as well as the technically correct of alignment of InputBoxes like for Index of "25" (though not exactly over the text for the edited values underneath):
Gauge Settings.jpg
3. The Gauge Control - notice that "Enjoy it!" is precisely above the line separator; while not wrong in theory, in practice is not consistent with other cases in the skins (like those in the screenshots above, for example), where there is a decent gap between the bottom of the text and the line separator:
Gauge Control.jpg

Sorry for the delay in posting this, and good luck with your other developments / improvements of this nice package! ;-)

P.S. If you wonder, I captured these on my 1920 x 1080 laptop screen (normal Windows scaling of 100%). I keep the Taskbar visible, if that matters.
Thank you for the screenshots!

Ok... That's pretty weird...

It looks good on my end. I don't think it has anything to do with the resolution tho. I already checked with 2 different monitors and even used my phone as screen and it looks good on the 3 of them. With and without taskbar visible.

Screenshots:
SharedScreenshot.jpg
SharedScreenshot1.jpg
SharedScreenshot2.jpg
It could be due to all the text being relative to each other on the Y position but what I don't understand is why it won't fit. Like if the background would shrink on your PC.

Ps. is the list alignment error you mentioned fixed with the later update?

Ps2. After some thinking, the problem might be the font. For some reason it's not loading the correct font even though it's on the @Resources folder. I'll check that.

Ok, I found a little typo on the Colors.inc file, if you have time, please go to @Resources\Colors.inc and change

Code: Select all

; Font for the text
FontFace=HelveticaNeueLT Std Blk Cn
to

; Font for the text
FontFace=HelveticaNeueLT Std ExtBlk Cn
And please tell me if that resolves the issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: November 30th, 2023, 7:40 pmOk, I found a little typo on the Colors.inc file, if you have time, please go to @Resources\Colors.inc and change

; Font for the text
FontFace=HelveticaNeueLT Std Blk Cn
to

; Font for the text
FontFace=HelveticaNeueLT Std ExtBlk Cn
And please tell me if that resolves the issue.
Much better, it solved almost all problems, except the "Show HWiNFO ..." overlapping at the top. The rest is fixed:
Gauge Settings.jpg
P.S. I only used the 1.2 version of your skins.
P.S.S. Good idea placing the screenshots in spoilers to not waste space - edited my posts accordingly. :thumbup:
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: November 30th, 2023, 8:53 pm Much better, it solved almost all problems, except the "Show HWiNFO ..." overlapping at the top. The rest is fixed:
Gauge Settings.jpg
P.S. I only used the 1.2 version of your skins.
P.S.S. Good idea placing the screenshots in spoilers to not waste space - edited my posts accordingly. :thumbup:
Great, good to know!. I'll publish a quick update at night. I'm heading to work right now.

I'll the Show HWiNFO too. Thank you for testing!

PS. I updated the 1.2 version and uploaded under the same version. But tonight's will be 1.2.1.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: November 30th, 2023, 9:23 pm Great, good to know!. I'll publish a quick update at night. I'm heading to work right now.

I'll the Show HWiNFO too. Thank you for testing!

PS. I updated the 1.2 version and uploaded under the same version. But tonight's will be 1.2.1.
Alright, no rush. Whenever you can is fine.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: November 30th, 2023, 11:50 pm Alright, no rush. Whenever you can is fine.
Alright, please try the new 1.2.1 version. Should be fixed now. Now the lists also unload when the gauges unload.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: December 1st, 2023, 1:47 am Alright, please try the new 1.2.1 version. Should be fixed now. Now the lists also unload when the gauges unload.
Looks good, stuff working as expected, though it appears more CPU intensive than before now.
RicardoTM

[Update] HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges [New 2.0 Version]

Post by RicardoTM »

Version 2.0 - Third Update
  • Added 3 new gauge designs.
  • Added 3 new gradient styles.
  • Added customization panel to RGBColor skin.
  • Now it is possible to hide gauge background and foreground.
  • Now the colors change with the measured value.
  • Added 2 new fonts.
  • Now there's only one variant.
  • Welcome Tutorial Remade.
  • Code cleaning.
  • Minor bug fixes.
  • New Video Tutorial.
DRedshirt

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges [New 2.0 Version]

Post by DRedshirt »

I've configured HWinfo, confirmed the index values, and chosen a gauge but when I double click the gauge nothing happens. No list opens.
RicardoTM

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges [New 2.0 Version]

Post by RicardoTM »

DRedshirt wrote: December 14th, 2023, 9:07 pm I've configured HWinfo, confirmed the index values, and chosen a gauge but when I double click the gauge nothing happens. No list opens.

Hey, that's weird. Please right click on the gauge, go to rainmeter then about. While in log tab, try to open the list and see if there is any error. Then copy and paste that error here.