It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 7:40 pm

iTunes - MeasureTrackNumber issue

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
The Freek

iTunes - MeasureTrackNumber issue

Post by The Freek »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a iTunes rainmeter skin which shows most information in, more or less, plain text. It's all working out fine, except for the one thing stated in the topic: I can't seem to find a way to make the track number appear as I want it to. I've added a substitute= in under the MeasureTrackNumber looking like this:

Substitute="1":"opening track","2":"second track","3":"third track","4":"fourth track","5":"fifth track","6":"sixth track","7":"seventh track","8":"eight track","9":"ninth track","10":"10th track","11":"11th track","12":"12th track","13":"13th track","14":"14th track","15":"15th track","16":"16th track","17":"17th track","18":"18th track","18":"18th track","19":"19th track","20":"20th track"

the problem is that when, for instance, the 11th track of an album is playing it says "opening trackopening track", the 12th track "opening tracksecond track" etc. I've tried to change the numbers 1-9 with 01, 02, 03 etc. but it can't seem to be able to "read" that, and instead simply shows the corresponding number when playing (i.e "1"). However, when I do this every number after 9 appears properly, displaying that "11th track" is playing and so on. So my question is simple: is there a way to remedy this or does it have something to do with the iTunes plugin? Sorry if this block of text is tough to read with all the citation signs and whatnot ;)
JamesAC
Developer

Re: iTunes - MeasureTrackNumber issue

Post by JamesAC »

You need to put your substitutes in reverse order, counting down from 20 to 1 rather than up from 1 to 20
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
The Freek

Post by The Freek »

JamesAC wrote:You need to put your substitutes in reverse order, counting down from 20 to 1 rather than up from 1 to 20
This is what I did:

Substitute="20":"20th","19":"19th","18":"18th","17":"17th","16":"16th","15":"15th","14":"14th","13":"13th","12":"12th","11":
"11th","10":"10th","9":"ninth","8":"eighth","7":"seventh","6":"sixth","5":"fifth","4":"fourth","3":"third","2":"second",
"1":"opening"

but it doesn't seem to cut it. It still says openingopeningth for the 11th track. Any ideas?
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

I would use a calc measure to take 21 away from the track number the apply the substitute to the negative numbers,

Code: Select all

[MakeNegative]
Measure=CALC
Formula=TrackNumber - 20
Substitute="-20":"opening","-19":"second"...
I think that should work
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

JamesAC wrote:I would use a calc measure to take 21 away from the track number the apply the substitute to the negative numbers
Just tested and calc doesn't work with GetCurrentTrackTrackCount (probably because it returns a string, not an integer).
The Freek

Post by The Freek »

poiru wrote: Just tested and calc doesn't work with GetCurrentTrackTrackCount (probably because it returns a string, not an integer).
I couldn't get it to work either. Does anyone know if it's even possible to change the track number like this or if there's some sort of "bug" (in lack of better words) preventing this in the iTunes plugin?
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

poiru wrote:Just tested and calc doesn't work with GetCurrentTrackTrackCount (probably because it returns a string, not an integer).
Try using

Formula=[TrackNumber] - 20
DynamicVariables=1
I don't have iTunes to try it out but it might work
The Freek

Post by The Freek »

JamesAC wrote: Try using

Formula=[TrackNumber] - 20
DynamicVariables=1
I don't have iTunes to try it out but it might work
Sorry! Still nothing :(
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

So we need to request to elestel to change the return value of GetCurrentTrackTrackCount to an integer?
The Freek

Post by The Freek »

dragonmage wrote:So we need to request to elestel to change the return value of GetCurrentTrackTrackCount to an integer?
Seems like it. I've tried several methods but none of them works.