It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:57 pm

New computer on intel 13th gen W11 (CPU Usage is wrong)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xghozt

New computer on intel 13th gen W11 (CPU Usage is wrong)

Post by xghozt »

Anyone know what might be the problem with my Enigma skin sidebar scripts? I've had them going for years and on my new machine the cpu usage seems all out of whack. It's got this for the CPU measurements:

Code: Select all

Measure=CPU
I know this is a timed based percentage but even when my machine is under sustained load the percentages are wrong. Task manager will show 20-40% and then rainmeter shows something like 5%.

Anyone know how to convert this properly to use the "UsageMonitor" plugin instead? I made a few attempts but it wasn't working.

Screenshot:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New computer on intel 13th gen W11 (CPU Usage is wrong)

Post by SilverAzide »

xghozt wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:40 am Anyone know what might be the problem with my Enigma skin sidebar scripts? I've had them going for years and on my new machine the cpu usage seems all out of whack. It's got this for the CPU measurements:

Code: Select all

Measure=CPU
I know this is a timed based percentage but even when my machine is under sustained load the percentages are wrong. Task manager will show 20-40% and then rainmeter shows something like 5%.

Anyone know how to convert this properly to use the "UsageMonitor" plugin instead? I made a few attempts but it wasn't working.
This issue has nothing to do with your CPU, it is a change Microsoft introduced in Windows 11 22H2.

See this thread: [Bug] Skins show lower than actual CPU Usage in Windows 11 22H2

Task Manager has not used time-based performance counters since Windows 8, but it was not obvious until the 22H2 update. This change affects all third-party CPU monitoring utilities, including Rainmeter's default CPU measure (and the UsageMonitor measure with the CPU alias).

This post in the above-linked thread describes exactly how to change the measures to use the utility-based counters.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
xghozt

Re: New computer on intel 13th gen W11 (CPU Usage is wrong)

Post by xghozt »

This issue has nothing to do with your CPU, it is a change Microsoft introduced in Windows 11 22H2.

See this thread: [Bug] Skins show lower than actual CPU Usage in Windows 11 22H2
Thank you, I was thinking I couldn't be the only one but I wasn't sure where to search for. :great: