It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:34 am

Rotator and an unresolved remainder in the basic equation - help [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Rotator and an unresolved remainder in the basic equation - help [solved]

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,
I am messing around with the prototype skin that uses the Rotate Meter.

I thought that by making the rotation step on mouse scroll equal 4 which is an even divisor of 360 - so that on the 90s and 45s things look tidy.

The problem is that after the rotator image rotates by 180 the image is not returning to the even divisor but some kind of remainder of 0.03125 - I am not sure that is the correct difference but even if it is or not the rotator should be able to revolve without any kind of super obvious remainder of some number of radians or pixels.

Here is the simple skin - there is really nothing but the bare bones png's and ini, and inc.
4D Puzzle _0.0.rmskin
Thanks for any, help. I just now realised this is not the only way a rotator can work e.g. a division of 360, but instead using radians with a start angle and rotate angle.
I could still use a little assistance since my usage of a rotator measured in radians is really not great.
Thnks
CC

EDIT: I realised that 5 also divides evenly into 360. so incrementing by 5 not 4 solved this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.