It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:56 pm

Creating a skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Honeysprings

Creating a skin

Post by Honeysprings »

Howdy! :welcome:

I'm new to rainmeter's coding language, and find it a bit confusing and overwhelming. I'm looking to create a weather skin similar to the variant of DINAJ4 that displays various star wars planets in correspondence with various combinations of temperature and humidity. Initially I was going to simply edit that skin, but felt I wasn't familiar enough with the files to do so without kriffing it up, so I decided to build from scratch.

Does anyone have any tutorials, guides, or tips they'd recommend?

Thanks,

Honeysprings
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Creating a skin

Post by balala »

Honeysprings wrote: October 13th, 2022, 3:56 pm Does anyone have any tutorials, guides, or tips they'd recommend?
Try this.
Tip: When posting here, please leave the text black. It is hard to read when the letters are light.
Honeysprings

Post by Honeysprings »

Apologies!

That was the tutorial I initially used to set up the basics. The largest problem I'm having is understanding the coding language, which I'm having trouble finding comprehensive resources on.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Honeysprings wrote: October 13th, 2022, 5:37 pm That was the tutorial I initially used to set up the basics. The largest problem I'm having is understanding the coding language, which I'm having trouble finding comprehensive resources on.
There are a few basic descriptions on Rainmeter in the help (recommend follow the links as well), you should read them. Hoping they can clarify at least some terms.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Honeysprings wrote: October 13th, 2022, 5:37 pm Apologies!

That was the tutorial I initially used to set up the basics. The largest problem I'm having is understanding the coding language, which I'm having trouble finding comprehensive resources on.
Rainmeter is not really a "coding language" in the traditional sense. It is actually in the form of a Windows .INI file, like with ones from ancient Windows 3.1 days. Each "section" is a measure (gets a value) or a meter (shows a value), and together they tell Rainmeter what to do.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...