It is currently April 20th, 2024, 7:24 am

[Bug] When exiting Rainmeter in enabled Game Mode - Rainmeter.exe is still running

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Active Colors

[Bug] When exiting Rainmeter in enabled Game Mode - Rainmeter.exe is still running

Post by Active Colors »

When I exit Rainmeter with the Game Mode enabled - Rainmeter.exe is still running and visible in the task manager.
Running Rainmeter again will not bring Rainmeter back - the process is just frozen.
Killing Rainmeter.exe and then running it will get it to work.

The same situation happens for the both scenarios:
• when I choose to unload all skins in Game Mode;
• when I choose to load some layout in Game mode.

While Rainmeter is frozen:
• Running rainmeter.exe again will not show the tray icon and skins;
• Installing a skin will not restart rainmeter.exe, and, same as above, will not show skins and tray icon.

Since it seem that no one has reported this before, could it be another Windows 7 quirk?

GIF:
GIF 04.08.2022 10-38-21.gif
Rainmeter 4.5.13.3632 (64-bit)
Language: English (1033)
Build time: 2022-03-23 15:23:40
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1 - English (1033)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
SkinPath: E:\Custo\Rainmeter\Skins\
SettingsPath: C:\Users\Focus\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Focus\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Bug] When exiting Rainmeter in enabled Game Mode - Rainmeter.exe is still running

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: August 4th, 2022, 8:40 am When I exit Rainmeter with the Game Mode enabled - Rainmeter.exe is still running and visible in the task manager.
Running Rainmeter again will not bring Rainmeter back - the process is just frozen.
Killing Rainmeter.exe and then running it will get it to work.

The same situation happens for the both scenarios:
• when I choose to unload all skins in Game Mode;
• when I choose to load some layout in Game mode.

While Rainmeter is frozen:
• Running rainmeter.exe again will not show the tray icon and skins;
• Installing a skin will not restart rainmeter.exe, and, same as above, will not show skins and tray icon.

Since it seem that no one has reported this before, could it be another Windows 7 quirk?

GIF:
GIF 04.08.2022 10-38-21.gif
The effects you mentioned are indeed because of Windows 7, based on your other similar threads where that was the culprit. However, although it all works fine for me in Win 10 and I can quit Rainmeter after enabling Game Mode like in your preview, the cause for this is present in Windows 10 as well - it's just that it has other effects, like, for example, not loading the right layout when running Rainmeter again after successfully quitting it.

So, there is a little problem in the Rainmeter code when it comes to this indeed, with the effects being serious for Win 7 (i.e. freezing Rainmeter) and less serious for Win 10 (i.e. wrong layout on rerun). If these two belong to the same bug, that is... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Brian
Developer

Re: [Bug] When exiting Rainmeter in enabled Game Mode - Rainmeter.exe is still running

Post by Brian »

Hopefully, this has been fixed for the next release. Thanks for reporting!

I tweaked some of the logic when Rainmeter is closed while in game mode. Hopefully this also fixes the "incorrect" stop action issue Yincognito pointed out as well.

-Brian