It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:31 pm

desktop area

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Fugal

desktop area

Post by Fugal »

hi,
I am using gnometer on the top of my screen, and i am trying to set the desktop area so all my other windows dont cover it. but whatever i try with the DesktopWorkArea thing, i cant get it to set an area where windows dont go over the top strip... i can easily get it to use the bottom and to the right of my screen and its really frustrating because i want to have the suite on the top of my screen.
can anybody help with this?
thanks
fugal
JamesAC
Developer

Re: desktop area

Post by JamesAC »

You should need to set the DesktopWorkArea to something like:

Code: Select all

DesktopWorkArea=0,30,1440,900
That will leave the top 30 pixels clear and cover the rest of the screen, if you are on a 1440x900 display. Without more info about your setup and what other space you want to protect there is not much more I can say.
manual wrote:DesktopWorkArea
Sets a new work area for the desktop. The workarea defines the area maximized windows cover. Use four comma separated values to set the location of the top-left and bottom-right corners of the area (eg: DesktopWorkArea=0,0,1500, 1200). Note that moving the taskbar will reset the workarea to Windows' default, as will changing screen resolution.
so the first value is the x co-ord of the top left corner of where you want your window to maximise to, the second is the y co-ord of that corner. The third and fourth are the x and y co-ords of the bottom right corner respectively.

Hope that helps
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Fugal

Post by Fugal »

alright, i tried that with my screen resolution on the end (1680,1050) so i had:

Code: Select all

DesktopWorkArea=0,25,1680,1050
and i exited rainmeter and saved the file and restarted rainmeter and nothing happened..
i am using the 1.2 rev 416 (32-bit) version of rainmeter.. i couldnt find the rainmeter.ini file, so i saved it into the default.ini where i installed rainmeter...
if you could help me out i'd really appreciate it...
Fugal

Post by Fugal »

i just found it.. they dont make the rainmeter ini file easy to find..
i had rainmeter installed on my d drive and for some reason i found the rainmeter.ini at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Rainmeter
oh well the code you gave me before was right,
thanks heaps for that :)
fugal (:)
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

By default, Rainmeter.ini is stored in the Application Data folder for your user. So even if Rainmeter is stored on another drive, if your user account is stored on your C drive, that's where you'll find Rainmeter.ini.

In the future, instead of hunting it down, you can simply right-click the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose "Edit Settings..." to open up Rainmeter.ini.
ImageImageImageImage