It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:08 am

Enigma with Winamp

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JpsCrazy

Re: Enigma with Winamp

Post by JpsCrazy »

If you're still using an Enigma skin, wih Enigma Configure, open EnigmaConfigure.
Then World#DSTOffset is daylight savings time.
I HIGHLY recommend using Enigma Configure for editing Enigma skins.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

While technically possible, it is not practical yet. Someone has done some work on an actual winamp plugin for Rainmeter, but it has certain restrictions that some people aren't comfortable with. Hopefully the developer will continue to enhance it.
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

hm, thats weird, I don't seem to have a World(#)DSTOffset...

I see...What kind of restrictions does it have? Like no album art?
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Are you editing it in the Engima Configure program?
Middle click on the taskbar or sidebar not on another skin, or #SkinsPath#\Enigma\Resources\Variables\EnigmaConfigure.exe.

If you aren't and want to edit it manually, you should be looking in #SkinsPath#\Enigma\Resources\Variables\UserVariables.inc

I REALLY don't recommend opening the actual skin looking for the daylight savings time, but you can.
Thing is, Enigma has like 6 of each skin but with a slightly modified appearence. Therefore, they all use the same data.
Each skin tells itself to look at UserVariables.inc to use the appropiate data, so there's 1 file with all the data you'd ever want to change (generally) and when you change it for one, you change it for ALL Enigma skins. So use EnigmaConfigure or edit the UserVariables.inc rather than opening the 'skinname'.ini.

And just in case, you weren't actually supposed to look for #, it represents any number because there's multiple World's skins. Just making sure that's stated as well.
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

ok, I'll try it when I get home! Yea, I knew about the # thing. Ones question though: In Enigma Configuration, you can edit World1, but when I open the Enigma skin editor, World1 is not shown =/
So I still haven't found a winamp skin that supports album art, so I'm assuming that it is not produced yet because the tags for winamp are different than iTunes? Thanks~
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

The experimental winamp plugin does allow for album art but it requires you to set the title display string in Winamp Prefences to a specific format.

Are you using the newest Rainmeter release? The changes to Enigma should be there.
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

dragonmage wrote:The experimental winamp plugin does allow for album art but it requires you to set the title display string in Winamp Prefences to a specific format.

Are you using the newest Rainmeter release? The changes to Enigma should be there.
ok So I just installed beta 1.2 and noticed that both my world clocks are are messed up! They display the correct temperature, weather, and location, but the time and date are both the same and wrong =/
What would I need to edit to have the album art displayed?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

"Wrong" doesn't really help me come up with a solution for you. How much are they off by, which way, etc.
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

Sorry >_<
Well, the Massachusetts one (where I live) is 5 hours ahead, and the Tokyo one is 8 hours behind =/

I also have one question:
Ive seen many people with their taskbars hidden (Taskbar Eliminator) because many of their applications are in rainmeter launcher. If I hide my taskbar and for example minimize my browser (google chrome), where does the minimized window go??? Or do the y just have their taskbar auto-hide? Sorry if this is a noob/confusing question >_<
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Some people do completely hide their taskbar.
And when you minimize a window, it still goes there.
But it's not there, so you don't see it.
Many people use ObjectDock or a similar program to manage those windows. It replaces the Taskbar.
Alternatively, you can use Alt+Tab to cycle through your tabs (Or alternatively again Win+Tab on newer systems.)