It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:13 am

Enigma with Winamp

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kagelou

Enigma with Winamp

Post by Kagelou »

Hi! I just got Rainmeter, and first have to say that Enigma is absolutely amazing! Im still noob though (as you can see from my post count lol), so I can't really get a part of it to work.
The iTunes Music-Art for the side bar looks really really nice, but I do not use iTunes as my default player. Is there any way to get the same type of skin for the Winamp sidebar? Also, when Japanese text is shown in the title of the song of Album Artist, the text is replaced with "???". The iTunes Music-Art displays the text perfectly fine though =/
So, basically, is there a way to use the iTunes sidebar Music-Art for my Winamp? Thank you for your help, and sorry if this way already asked >_<

oh I am running WIndows 7 Ultimate, if that makes a difference
JpsCrazy

Re: Enigma with Winamp

Post by JpsCrazy »

I don't think there's an exact copy of the skin from iTunes for WinAmp, but there's a plethora of WinAmp skins.
Search the forum, Customize.org, and DeviantArt.com for them, and I'm sure you'll find some you like.
There's even a few that come with Engima.

And search around for the forum for the foreign text, I know I've seen it asked before.
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

oh, didn't know you can mix and match skins xD
Yea, I found a Rainmeter/Japanese post in this forum, but it was on Notes, not Winamp =/

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to have the Launcher open a folder instead of an Application. I would like to be able to open my music folder, video folder, etc through rainmeter Launcher =]
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

If you couldn't it'd get pretty bland pretty fast. :P

Keep looking - I'm 100% sure it was for music.
Narrow the search to Topics and in the Help section.

Of course you can!
I'm 99% sure you can just paste in the path to the folder.
Special Folder commands:
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-LaunchSpecialFolders

I suggest reading the Manual, Rainmeter 101, and some selected Tips and Tricks.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

Well, is it possible to port over the iTunes sidebar to Winamp? Because I kind of want to keep Rainmeter the same, and I also really like the iTunes sidebar layout =/
Got the Launchers working! =] Thank you!
Yea, that second thread (SOLVED Foregin Text issue) is the one I saw, and I did what it told me but the only thing that changed was the notes =/
That second thread is pretty much the exact same problem I have, so I will bookmark it and follow it! Thanks~
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

I'm sure it is. How is the question.
If I had to guess, I'd replace alllll the measures in the iTunes skin with the measure in the WinAmp skin, but keeping the measure title (In brackets) the same, while also making sure that the two measures are measuring the same thing.

I can't guarentee this will work. And I'd definately make backups of the skins you edit. (Just copy them and paste them into any other folder)
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

ok. I'll try that out tommorow. Will the album art work as well?

I also noticed that my world clocks are 1 hours ahead for some reason...any fix for this?
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

I have no idea off hand.
Again, I'm sure it's possible. You may just have to look at the other measures and edit it accordingly for the new skin.

And possible daylight savings time being on/off?
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

I don't even see a daylight savings on/off when I go to edit the skin =/