It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:40 am

WindowX and WindowY don't behave the same on 2nd display

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
BananaJoe

WindowX and WindowY don't behave the same on 2nd display

Post by BananaJoe »

Hello everyone! :)

The Rainmeter documentation tells us
The screen selection will apply to both WindowX and WindowY if the value is set on only one of them.
However, I notice that this is only true if @N is specified on WindowX (then the specified screen N is also used for WindowY and the skin is correctly placed on the second, third, ... display). The other way around it's not the case (e.g. if WindowX=123 and WindowY=0@2 the skin is still drawn on screen #1).

Is it possible Rainmeter first processes the value WindowX from the Rainmeter.ini and only afterwards WindowY's value (regardless of whether within a section the value WindowY is perhaps even 1 or more lines further up than WindowX)?

PS. I searched the Rainmeter history, but since implementation of !SetWindowPosition there was nothing changed or fixed.. but it should be indepentend from this bang anyway, I guess...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: WindowX and WindowY don't behave the same on 2nd display

Post by Yincognito »

As a wild guess, it's possible that Rainmeter plays by the rules of the last such setting, which would override the previous one when parsing the skin. This could be tested by placing WindowsY after WindowsX in the code, and see if the former's setting "wins" over the latter's. This would be normal.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Brian
Developer

Re: WindowX and WindowY don't behave the same on 2nd display

Post by Brian »

This has been fixed for the next release. Thanks for reporting!

-Brian