It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 3:18 pm

Total newbie needs help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jegercool

Total newbie needs help

Post by Jegercool »

Hi all.

My problem is, that I've downloaded Rainmeter, just the complete basic one, and I would like this http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/sites/default/files/Rainmeter101/enigma001.jpg to be my desktop, only with the Lightning Sunset theme. The problem is that Rainmeter dissappears whenever I go away from it. I'd like for it to be on the desktop permanently, together with my startbar.

I think I will be able to install a plugin, so I can see my CPU's temperature, and another media player than the ones available for iTunes and WMP (I think it was) myself.
But this is very basic and I just can't get it to work, being a complete stranger to everything that has got to do with coding.

Thanks in advance!
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Total newbie needs help

Post by JamesAC »

What do you mean by "go away from it"?? when you click on to a different window??

Also, which version of Rainmeter are you using??
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Jegercool

Post by Jegercool »

Like. I can start it and see the time, CPU-usage etc on my desktop, but lets say I click somewhere on my desktop, on something that is not Rainmeter. Then Rainmeter dissappears.

Installer Version
# Rainmeter 1.1 - (32bit) - (64bit)

This version, in 64bit.
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

OK, it looks like it might be an issue with the "on-desktop" setting, if you are using vista or Win7 I would recommend trying the newest beta version and seeing if that fixes your issue. Just download and run the installer from here.

If that doesnt work or if you are not using Vista or 7 then there may be another issue
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Jegercool

Post by Jegercool »

It is Windows 7. Thanks for the help, will try now!