It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:18 pm

WifiStatus values switched !

General topics related to Rainmeter.
quasar

WifiStatus values switched !

Post by quasar »

Hi developer ! Thanks for this amazing Rainmeter.
Hi all !

I made a skin with SysInfo and WifiStatus Plugins for control two different Wifi networks (based also onto other skins).
From SysInfo I get ip lan and gateway address for SysInfoData=#Adapter0# and SysInfoData=#Adapter1#
From WifiStatus I get wifi signal WifiInfoType=QUALITY and WifiInfoType=SSID name for network WifiIntfID=0 and WifiIntfID=1

All parametrs shows correctly but the values of WifiStatus everytime are switched at start:
when I start only #Adapter1# for the first time, SSID and signal is associated to WifiIntfID=0, #Adapter0# and not at WifiIntfID=1, #Adapter1# (DynamicVariables=1 and !UpdateMeasure !UpdateMeter commands are also included into the specific sections). So the skin result is:

ssid0 MYFI
Ip0 --------- Signla0 90
ssid1 ----
Ip1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Signal1 ---

I need then disconnect network, reconnect it and then Update the Skin with mouse.
Only this way the values of Adapter1 shows correctly but actually ------- not everytime -------:

ssid0 ----
Ip0 --------- Signla0 ---
ssid1 MYFI
Ip1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Signal1 90

Whats I'm wrong ? Is there an issue into the WifiStatus plugin ? Is there a command for implement the mouse refresh skin ? Is there something else for refresh the values ?
Thanks.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: WifiStatus values switched !

Post by SilverAzide »

quasar wrote: May 10th, 2022, 1:28 pm
Don't change the WifiIntfID, leave it set to zero (the default). The Wifi interface ID does not correspond to your network adapters, they are unrelated. Perhaps the ID is more like "0" is "the current active adapter" and "1" is "the other adapter".
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
quasar

Re: WifiStatus values switched !

Post by quasar »

SilverAzide wrote: May 10th, 2022, 4:07 pm Don't change the WifiIntfID, leave it set to zero (the default). The Wifi interface ID does not correspond to your network adapters, they are unrelated. Perhaps the ID is more like "0" is "the current active adapter" and "1" is "the other adapter".
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/wifistatus/ :

WiFiIntfIDDefault: 0
Only use this if you have more than 1 wireless interface adapter (which may include any bluetooth or infrared receivers). If you do not get any response from the measure with this value at 0, then try other values starting from 1, then 2 and so on.

The issiue is that the measure changes apparently without reson. If WifiIntfID=1 works, its signal must showed, not in my case.