It is currently April 26th, 2024, 11:17 am

Progress Bar style Countdown

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
frshmrrw

Progress Bar style Countdown

Post by frshmrrw »

Hello apologies I am a novice. I've used and edited skins for a long time but this skin doesn't seem to exist out there so I'd like to create it.

What I am trying to do is have a Progress Bar that, when clicked, begins to countdown and 'unfill' or 'fill' the progress bar, with a sound alert to indicate the time has elapsed. In my case I need only one time, but perhaps it would need a way to select the countdown amount.
I tried making one from the default Rainmeter Bar Meter, but it wasn't working at all and proved I need help! lol.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips!
CodeCode

Re: Progress Bar style Countdown

Post by CodeCode »

What have you been able to get working?
Does a progress bar present difficulties for you, by itself?
Are you familiar at all with the many different time measures possible?
Are you at all familiar with mouse actions and the different ways of using them?
All of these can bee managed with shapes to get started.

A time measure can be used to move a progress bar. To start knowing that time measures are actually strings, and would need to be converted to integers. This is not very complicated.

The idle time measure can be used to make a timer to count up or down, and in a positive light that is not very really hard.

It gets a bit complicated when setting a time to count up to or down from, but many people here have helped with these things.

The best idea is to get your head around these few different things, perhaps by testing out your skills with some simple examples. You will find google is your friend, as are the many people around here.

I could help you but others are really good at the math and know rainmeter better than me. I just wanted to share the few things I can think of for this idea.

Aside from shapes images can be used, for a more decorative approach, but the coded shapes are really fun to get working. (so are the images but i digress).

Check the manual , for ways of trying to get your idea better working , and to see what you do know already, given you've done these before I doubt the journey will be very long. :thumbup:
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
David8192

Post by David8192 »

It would be better if you can post what you have been working with. That way, it would be easier to see what you are driving at.
the DA GALLERY 8-) For some Reason, the square root of X2 does not involve X
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

frshmrrw wrote: May 7th, 2022, 10:33 pm Hello apologies I am a novice. I've used and edited skins for a long time but this skin doesn't seem to exist out there so I'd like to create it.

What I am trying to do is have a Progress Bar that, when clicked, begins to countdown and 'unfill' or 'fill' the progress bar, with a sound alert to indicate the time has elapsed. In my case I need only one time, but perhaps it would need a way to select the countdown amount.
I tried making one from the default Rainmeter Bar Meter, but it wasn't working at all and proved I need help! lol.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips!
These examples, using Image meters, may help you: GraphicTimelines