It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:51 am

Windows Vista Volume Control Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mytch94

Windows Vista Volume Control Skin

Post by Mytch94 »

Total and complete Rainmeter noob here. Downloaded it 2 days ago and have little to no clue about what I'm doing. I've managed to figure out a bit on my own, but I'm not sure of reliable places to find new skins. I'm looking for, specifically a volume control button, similar to the original windows vista volume control which lets you decide the volume of each individual program you are running. If this is not possible a simple volume control would be great too. I'm not even sure how to check my version of Rainmeter, but I do have a picture of the skin I'm using here
. I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium.

I have read the "How To Ask For Help" thread, but chances are I've missed something. If there is anything else you need to know, please ask.

Thanks in advance
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Windows Vista Volume Control Skin

Post by dragonmage »

Mytch94

Post by Mytch94 »

I don't understand. What has that got to do with this?
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

He posted what you need to know.
And as far as I know of, volume controls haven't really worked too well in Rainmeter.
There are a few things you can do, such as a make Rainmeter send a command to an external application such as NirCmd. But I don't think there's anything you can do just in Rainmeter.
Search the forum for more about it.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Just giving you a link to the basics. There is nothing yet in the Rainmeter world that can take advantage of the per-application settings of Win7 yet.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

Mytch94

Post by Mytch94 »

Ok thanks a lot. Sorry if my post came across rude, it wasn't meant like that. Thanks for all the help.