It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:02 am

Transparent taskbar

General topics related to Rainmeter.
kokos12

Transparent taskbar

Post by kokos12 »

Hi, I'm using the translucent taskbar skin from rainmeter.https://visualskins.com/skin/translucent-taskbar Is there a way when windows are maximized to go behind the taskbar instead of the wallpaper being shown? (Like the image I uploaded). The window does go through the taskbar if I drag it around or if I manually enlarge (second image) it but I want it to get behind the taskbar when I press the maximize button. I know there is a feature to hide the taskbar on settings but I want it to be there. Thank you!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Transparent taskbar

Post by Yincognito »

kokos12 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 10:01 am Hi, I'm using the translucent taskbar skin from rainmeter.https://visualskins.com/skin/translucent-taskbar Is there a way when windows are maximized to go behind the taskbar instead of the wallpaper being shown? (Like the image I uploaded). The window does go through the taskbar if I drag it around or if I manually enlarge (second image) it but I want it to get behind the taskbar when I press the maximize button. I know there is a feature to hide the taskbar on settings but I want it to be there. Thank you!

I don't know how the skin works for you (I assume you're on Windows 11?), but for me it automatically resizes to the dimensions of the taskbar, meaning that I can't drag a window around or manually enlarge it to "overlap" the (now translucent) taskbar, just like the original taskbar is supposed to work (bar the automatically hide taskbar feature in Settings, of course). I'm on Windows 10, by the way. Having the wallpaper behind the taskbar is normal for the original taskbar and so it's for this one, except for hide feature in Settings, when the window is behind the taskbar.

Another thing with the skin is that it's basically just the DLL plugin and the associated measure, there are no other things that one could work with, in theory, unless there are some hidden options in the plugin (unlikely, since this is meant to be a sample of how it works). Even if there were ways to control its display, there are no native ways in Rainmeter to detect if the active and focused window is maximized or not, and the non native ways are a bit tricky.

Bottom line, on Windows 10, the skin works exactly as it is supposed to work - which isn't the way you want it to work, but it's the way the original taskbar is working. If you want a "taskbar" skin that is in front of a window at all times (even when maximized), just use any dock skin out there and set its position to Stay Topmost. It won't be translucent and blurred, probably, but you can partly simulate such a feature via adjusting the Alpha value of its background color.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Transparent taskbar

Post by balala »

kokos12 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 10:01 am Hi, I'm using the translucent taskbar skin from rainmeter.https://visualskins.com/skin/translucent-taskbar Is there a way when windows are maximized to go behind the taskbar instead of the wallpaper being shown?
This in fact has nothing to do with Rainmeter. As far as I can tell, there is no way to get a maximized window behind the taskbar. This is a Windows feature, doesn't matter how your taskbar is looking or how large it is. The OS doesn't let you to do this. A smaller window can go behind it, but a maximized one can't. Nothing to do to fix this.