It is currently April 18th, 2024, 12:56 am

Hello there

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
anuragnair

Hello there

Post by anuragnair »

Hey im new to Rainmeter coding and i love to design widgets. :welcome: ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Hello there

Post by balala »

anuragnair wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 5:08 pm Hey im new to Rainmeter coding and i love to design widgets. :welcome: ;-)
Welcome aboard. Wish you good coding.
Just as a side note: in Rainmeter, those are skins, not widgets. Not the same...
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

I'm not very new to Rainmeter but I've never tried my hand at coding for it myself. I do know coding in general though, so this sounds like fun to me! Any suggestions where to start?
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

alexis92 wrote: April 7th, 2022, 8:26 am I'm not very new to Rainmeter but I've never tried my hand at coding for it myself. I do know coding in general though, so this sounds like fun to me! Any suggestions where to start?
I started off with clocks both digital and analog, then it kind of exploded into everything else.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

alexis92 wrote: April 7th, 2022, 8:26 amAny suggestions where to start?
The Getting Started is a great place to begin. You can find there a lot of answers to your questions.
Then as suggested by CyberTheWorm, I recommend to get a simple skin and start to dissect it, in order to see how it works. If questions arise, feel to come back and ask.
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

CyberTheWorm wrote: April 7th, 2022, 3:30 pm I started off with clocks both digital and analog, then it kind of exploded into everything else.
Right yeah, that sounds like a good way to get into it. I'll give that a go, thanks.
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

balala wrote: April 7th, 2022, 4:33 pm The Getting Started is a great place to begin. You can find there a lot of answers to your questions.
Then as suggested by CyberTheWorm, I recommend to get a simple skin and start to dissect it, in order to see how it works. If questions arise, feel to come back and ask.
I'll take a look, thanks! Dissecting a skin also seems like a good idea. I'll start with the Mond skin I currently have on.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

alexis92 wrote: April 10th, 2022, 2:28 pm I'll take a look, thanks! Dissecting a skin also seems like a good idea. I'll start with the Mond skin I currently have on.
Doesn't really matter which skin are you starting with, important is to work with one, to see the anatomy of such a skin. And if you start working and don't really know how to do something feel free to come back here on the forum and post your question. Usually sooner or later you get an answer with a solution (if what are you asking is possible).
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

balala wrote: April 10th, 2022, 4:59 pm Doesn't really matter which skin are you starting with, important is to work with one, to see the anatomy of such a skin. And if you start working and don't really know how to do something feel free to come back here on the forum and post your question. Usually sooner or later you get an answer with a solution (if what are you asking is possible).
That's true and the community here has been really helpful everytime. :great: