It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:13 am

Help with Enigma and Rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Rhone

Help with Enigma and Rainmeter

Post by Rhone »

I used to be great with Rainmeter but I've been offline for about 6 months. Now there's all this Rainbrowser crap and it's confusing. The code is different. One of the biggest problems I am having is in editing weather codes, I can't figure out what to change, and the things I do change don't seem to do anything. Also, I have 5 hard drives, and Enigma only comes with 3 information displays. Help?
JpsCrazy

Re: Help with Enigma and Rainmeter

Post by JpsCrazy »

The weather code may have changed. And be sure you're using the RSS code.
Go to weather.yahoo.com and type in your location and copy the exact RSS feed and replace the old url in the skin.

And for the extra drives, just copy a skin for the information display, name it as something different as the original skin and the others in the same folder, and just change all the drives to the drives you need.

If necessary, you can always refresh your memory and go through a skin tutorial or the manual located on the homepage.
Rhone

Post by Rhone »

Okay. How do I install pre-designed skins and themes through the browser? The weather codes are working now. But for example, when I load the Enigma, which is supposed to have 2 sidebars according to the screenshot, only the right side bar loads. I don't know if it's a glitch or what. The other skins load maybe five rainmeter configs and look nothing like the way the screenshots look [Lightning Sunset for example].
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Load the skins you want and drag them where you want them. Once you drag a skin somewhere, Rainmeter remembers it. Once you have your setup the way you want it, use RainThemes to save it and you can always get back where you were, even if you want to test and try other skins / suites.

It's all in what you expect Rainmeter to be going in. I like to use the analogy of one of those big Lego sets you bought when you where a kid. On the box is a picture of a space station, with a rocket ship docking at it. Hopefully when you opened the box and it was a pile of Lego pieces, you were not surprised and disappointed. If you were, you probably closed the box and it's still there in the top of your closet. If not, you had hours of fun and ended up with a space station, or if you were clever, something even better.
Rhone

Post by Rhone »

Agh, this is driving me nuts. I don't understand these new browsers and themes. I used to edit code from scratch, this is what my old Rainmeter set up looked like. Now, when I try to label a drive "Source" I can't even find where it is in the code, only through that new Config screen. It's like in making everything easier, it was made harder.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z13/Neokun/0909newgui.jpg

I can't figure anything out, this sucks. And Objectdock and Windowsblinds all run on 30 day trials now, I used to have full versions of them. I'm about to give up on desktop customization.
Last edited by dragonmage on May 17th, 2010, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

For Enigma - the default has one Sidebar.
Right click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and go to Configs --> Engima --> Sidebar --> Second Sidebar to add another.
Just because the screenshot looks a certain way doesn't mean the Theme is EXACTLY like it.
There's probably other skins that just aren't being used when you first load it.

To be honest - I don't use the browser or themes. At all.
You can still edit the code from scratch.

What do you mean labeling a drive 'Source'?
You would just change Text=(Name of Drive) to Text=Source, unless you mean something different.

Looks like you had: Notes, News, Calender, Binary Clock, some other clock+date and a taskbar.
And then the Enigma taskbar skins.

Try Rocketdock as an alternative to Objectdock, or find an old version of Objectdock that is for free..

Have a little patience and try to calm down.
Try your best, and if you need help, just ask.
But most of all, read the manual.
It explains most of this.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Manual
Last edited by JpsCrazy on May 17th, 2010, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

If you are more comfortable editing the files, you can change Variables in Skins\Enigma\Resources\Variables\UserVariables.inc

@Includes are now used in .ini files so that the same variables need not be defined in multiple .ini files.