It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:51 pm

File size problem in lua

Discuss the use of Lua in Script measures.
Brian
Developer

Re: File size problem in lua

Post by Brian »

New version to test: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=39900#p204058

I think I got it this time...hopefully. Sorry it took so long, there was quite a few "gotchas" in there, and deciphering some of these "test" skins was quite......challenging. But honestly, they helped a lot, so thanks to everyone for those test skins!

Hopefully, we can put nested variable parsing to bed.

-Brian
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Brian wrote: February 8th, 2022, 7:33 am New version to test: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=39900#p204058

I think I got it this time...hopefully. Sorry it took so long, there was quite a few "gotchas" in there, and deciphering some of these "test" skins was quite......challenging. But honestly, they helped a lot, so thanks to everyone for those test skins!

Hopefully, we can put nested variable parsing to bed.

-Brian
All working well, as far as I could see. Tested my own suite, the section index test skin from some time ago, and the simpler test skins posted in my last replies here, all good. Sorry for making this a bit hard for you, but as you probably realize, a fully developed, reasonable complex suite is not going to be easy to understand, and this goes for all of them, not just mine (though I have a few "gotchas" of my own, LMAO). I tried to make ammends and alleviate your work by posting much simpler test skins afterwards, in my last replies here, but using them was probably not enough to fully make this work, since as they say, life (aka real life examples) always beats movies (aka standard examples).

Glad you got it working - nice job! Hopefully other folks would be just as satisfied and won't have other issues with the release. :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Brian wrote: February 8th, 2022, 7:33 am New version to test: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=39900#p204058

Yep, looks good, however I didn't test it deeply. But found no problems so far.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Brian wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 10:17 pm The parsing function basically does this: Find the first ending bracket, then from that position, reverse find the starting bracket. This usually finds the inner-most section variable. However, if the inner most brackets do not represent a variable, the next starting point for the parser is after that first ending bracket.

-Brian
Thank you for the detailed explanation Brian. I was having trouble with another algorithm that needed to parse a string in the same way. Thanks a lot ❤️
from the Realm of Death