It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:34 pm

How to refresh automatically the informations of a skin ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
rajtheeban95

How to refresh automatically the informations of a skin ?

Post by rajtheeban95 »

Hi,

I'm new here, I recently discovered Rainmeter and honestly I begin to like more and more this application, but I encounter a problem when i use "iFiles skin" from "Razor rainmeter" I found on DeviantArt which allows you to display the size and the number of items from any folder:

However there is a problem: these informations (items and size) are not updated in real time, i mean for example when i add another video in my "movie" folder, i have to restart my PC (or choose "refresh all" in context-menu) so that the skin indicates me the presence of an additional file and also the size of this folder has changed

I tried to make some changes from the knowledge that I have.

For example i replaced (by default/original):

"[IconMovie]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=0
ImageName=Movie.png
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#Movie#"]"

by

"[IconMovie]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=0
ImageName=Movie.png
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#Movie#"][!RainmeterRefresh]
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRefresh]"

Which means this folder is updated when i place the cursor on the icon of this folder or as soon as i open it.

Is there another way to refresh automatically this folder ( without having to click anywhere ) ?
poiru
Developer

Re: How to refresh automatically the informations of a skin ?

Post by poiru »

The iFiles skin is set to update every skin updates every 100000 milliseconds, which is equal to 100 seconds.

If you want to change the update rate, change Update=100000 (under [Rainmeter]) to something else. Note that Update should be specified in milliseconds (1 second = 1000 milliseconds).
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

poiru wrote:The iFiles skin is set to update every skin updates every 100000 milliseconds, which is equal to 100 seconds.

If you want to change the update rate, change Update=100000 (under [Rainmeter]) to something else. Note that Update should be specified in milliseconds (1 second = 1000 milliseconds).
I think that the skin is using filelist.dll and it is not updating very often i put a counter in minutes on it and it refreshes every hour

something like

Code: Select all

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format="%M"

[MeasureCalcTime1]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureTime
IfEqualValue=00
IfEqualAction=!RainmeterRefresh
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
rajtheeban95

Post by rajtheeban95 »

Thx u very guys,

i had not noticed the "update" property
I tried the second solution by incorporating the "MeasureTime" proprerty, and it works perfectly :)