It is currently September 16th, 2024, 6:50 pm

Creating a context menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sl23

Creating a context menu

Post by sl23 »

Hi again, I was just wondering how I go about creating custom context menus. I couldn't find much info in the manual, but I probably just missed something. If the info is there, could somebody point me in the right direction please. Thank you.

Also, what I did find was that there was no option for creating the 'Skins' menu item, is that right? What I plan on doing is creating some buttons for direct access to menu items. The skins menu item is one of the main ones
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Creating a context menu

Post by death.crafter »

from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thanks dc, but after a quick perusal, not really what I'm after. I only wanted a few select buttons that open context menu items, so rather than right clicking a skin to load a skin, you could just click a shape meter button and it opens the skin menu, as an example. :D
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:24 pm Thanks dc, but after a quick perusal, not really what I'm after. I only wanted a few select buttons that open context menu items, so rather than right clicking a skin to load a skin, you could just click a shape meter button and it opens the skin menu, as an example. :D
Ohh, it's [!SkinCustomMenu]
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:27 pm Ohh, it's [!SkinCustomMenu]
Yep, you can use either (or any) mouse click action/s to get !SkinCustomMenu. Even more than one depending on which. Can get messy quickly though. Which is partly the reason the devs have opted out of having sub menus be another option for that functionality.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thanks for the response, but that doesn't help much.

I need to know more about how to use that and specifically, whether the Rainmeter/Skins context menu can bu used in a button, and how to do so. Isn't this info in the manual?

Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

sl23 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:57 pm Thanks for the response, but that doesn't help much.

I need to know more about how to use that and specifically, whether the Rainmeter/Skins context menu can bu used in a button, and how to do so. Isn't this info in the manual?

Thanks
No, the submenu Rainmeter/Skins on the main context menu cannot be opened separately. You can open the main Rainmeter context menu from a button easily enough.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#TrayMenu

LeftMouseUpAction=[!TrayMenu]
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Ah ok, thank you. I don't suppose it's worth requesting it? I find it a real pain when dealing with skins. The manage window isn't very good due to having to click on every folder first before clicking a skin! I think this could be made easier. Just a suggestion :D

Thanks for your help :thumbup:
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

sl23 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:30 am Ah ok, thank you. I don't suppose it's worth requesting it? I find it a real pain when dealing with skins. The manage window isn't very good due to having to click on every folder first before clicking a skin! I think this could be made easier. Just a suggestion :D

Well, the context menu as it is can directly access a skin with "Manage Skin" selection.
Also, you can specify which function is available from the custom menu, depending on what functionality you are looking for, simply by creating the custom menu with ContexTitle and ContextAction. Switching to other configs or variants are common ones.

What are you actually trying to have happen?
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:30 am Ah ok, thank you. I don't suppose it's worth requesting it? I find it a real pain when dealing with skins. The manage window isn't very good due to having to click on every folder first before clicking a skin! I think this could be made easier. Just a suggestion :D

Imagine having to scroll through thousands of skins when you actually have 50 configs.
from the Realm of Death