It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:00 am

Add new skin doesn't show all folders

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Add new skin doesn't show all folders

Post by death.crafter »

When using Create New Skin from skin context menu in manage, the dialogue doesn't show all folders present in the skin directory, and you also can't create directories with the same name.
Screenshot 2021-11-05 151145.png
Screenshot 2021-11-05 150843.png
Screenshot 2021-11-05 150856.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
Brian
Developer

Re: Add new skin doesn't show all folders

Post by Brian »

Unlike a regular explorer window, the directory tree in both the Manage dialog and NewSkin dialog only show folders that currently have a skin .ini file in them.

The NewSkin dialog is designed to create your skin structure when first invoked, not "after" the dialog has already run, or if manually adding empty folders.

While I don't disagree with the lack of "visual" representation in the directory tree, this part of the code relies on Rainmeters "skin registry" that is created when Rainmeter starts. Changing this part of the code to show all folders (and also skin .ini files) will take a bit of time to rewrite and may have to wait until on of the developers has time to implement.

-Brian
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Add new skin doesn't show all folders

Post by death.crafter »

It's not really a serious bug. And I hardly use this feature to manipulate already present skins. But still, I thought I should report this.
from the Realm of Death