It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:24 am

Merging Skins For Improved Functionality (i hope)[succeeded]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Re: Merging Skins For Improved Functionality (i hope)

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: September 16th, 2021, 6:40 am Why are you writing GetRainmeterSettings instead of GetConfigName.
I was just trying it both ways. GetConfigName in those bits still crashed rainmeter, well they both did, that is.
death.crafter wrote: September 16th, 2021, 6:40 am And I am not sure if EscapeRegExp works with variables, in which case you have to use another delimiter, like @ instead of |
I am just trying to suss out what might be stopping the skin from refreshing, or maybe an !Update Bang somewhere - just not sure what makes the skin only fully all of the shapes and their tests - when;
1 I have to scroll up then down - then the !refresh shape. Then everything is just great. Just on the initial load. Once open, a refresh will make it go back to the default shapes, and the up+down scroll the !refresh. It only works after the scrolling is done, Just refreshing is not the solution - alone, that is.

Hmm.... :???:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: September 16th, 2021, 6:53 am I was just trying it both ways. GetConfigName in those bits still crashed rainmeter, well they both did, that is.

I am just trying to suss out what might be stopping the skin from refreshing, or maybe an !Update Bang somewhere - just not sure what makes the skin only fully all of the shapes and their tests - when;
1 I have to scroll up then down - then the !refresh shape. Then everything is just great. Just on the initial load. Once open, a refresh will make it go back to the default shapes, and the up+down scroll the !refresh. It only works after the scrolling is done, Just refreshing is not the solution - alone, that is.

Hmm.... :???:
I don't at all understand what you are trying to imply here. What works and what does not?

And while the method we're trying here works, it's not the best out there. It can be done in more appropriate, and less resource hungry way. But i wouldn't go there until my pc comes back from the dead. Which it will today... Yay!
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: September 16th, 2021, 7:19 am my pc comes back from the dead. Which it will today... Yay!
good to hear!
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: September 16th, 2021, 7:19 am I don't at all understand what you are trying to imply here. What works and what does not?

And while the method we're trying here works, it's not the best out there. It can be done in more appropriate, and less resource hungry way. But i wouldn't go there until my pc comes back from the dead. Which it will today... Yay!
I think I have a fix, that seems to do the job in a logical sense (once the Builder.inc is populated by clicking the top bar it is set to [!Refresh]) - everything behaves royalty-like.

I posted the current version to the 1st post in this thread.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38390#p197450