It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:05 am

Merging Skins For Improved Functionality (i hope)[succeeded]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Merging Skins For Improved Functionality (i hope)[succeeded]

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,
I have s couple skins garnered from this forum.
One lists the active configs in Rainmeter by parsing the Rainmeter.ini.
The other lists connected drives, and their details.

What I would like to try and do is, focus on the functions of the Active Config skin, but utilise the way the Drives skin shows the collected data, the scrolling and the styles each row uses.

The Active Config has been recently modified, from Yamajac's original, and the Drives remains the way that death.crafter posted it a while back.
Active Configs_xx.xx.rmskin
(436.46 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Drives_1.0.0.rmskin
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Thanks for any interest and assistance. I am a bit lost but I try these ideas to learn, so here goes...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | Combined:
ConfigEx_1.0.0.rmskin
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by CodeCode on September 18th, 2021, 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CodeCode

Re: Merging Skins For Improved Functionality (i hope)

Post by CodeCode »

I usually get through new code, to learn what does what - by deleting bits of code, to mark what is gone or is broken in the refreshed skin.

But with this RainmeterPS, and the ps1 script file, that idea doesn't work - or doesn't seem to anyway.

I am able to change the rainmeter stuff, and have been able to change the formatting of the shapes, but not the information populated into each shape with the ps1 script.

I can see the ps1 script uses a loop to create all of the needed shape containers, but I haven't been able to change that in any way besides breaking nearly everything.

Just an update, and I am grinding slowly toward my goal, but no real progress as yet.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:18 am I usually get through new code, to learn what does what - by deleting bits of code, to mark what is gone or is broken in the refreshed skin.

But with this RainmeterPS, and the ps1 script file, that idea doesn't work - or doesn't seem to anyway.

I am able to change the rainmeter stuff, and have been able to change the formatting of the shapes, but not the information populated into each shape with the ps1 script.

I can see the ps1 script uses a loop to create all of the needed shape containers, but I haven't been able to change that in any way besides breaking nearly everything.

Just an update, and I am grinding slowly toward my goal, but no real progress as yet.
Should I hop in or you just want to do it on your own? :D
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:57 am Should I hop in or you just want to do it on your own? :D
:lol:

On my own is sort of like saying how long do I want to wait for help? :lol:

If you have the time. I would say something like a galaxy, but maybe universe, or beyond the totality of known physical existence, or something... :handtohead:
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hi,
So, I have figured out a few little things. Like how the styles work together, how they are populated, but not exactly. But enough so that I have a decently arranged appearance that more closely resembles the ActiveConfig skin - which is a fair shot smaller than the Drives skin.

I have been looking at the PowershellRM stuff as well, but I have the notion that without a real need for the PS1 script, that a lua script would be more the kind of thing I'll need. I am not certain though. But in this moment I think I get PS better than lua. That said, I am going to look into lua more fir this idea.

Of course, if the ps1 script is the better way, please let me know. Or if anyone has had a look at what this idea might need, to be functioning?
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Ok. So progress is indeed slow. But I have made some successful changes - mostly formatting.
I am not sure if PowershellRM can do what I want, but so far that is what I have been using to generate the shapes and the strings for each row.

A bit from the top of the ps1 script:

Code: Select all

$i=0
    $string=@"
"@
    Get-Partition | Where-Object DriveLetter -Match '^\w$' | ForEach-Object {
        $string+=@"
I would venture to guess that this portion could be replaced with something that gets the string value of a measure GetConfigName. I have not been able to find anything from the interwebs that would allow me to do that.
Thanks, if anyone is able to help. (rmskin attached).

Code: Select all

[RainmeterSettings]
Measure=WebParser
URL=file://#SETTINGSPATH#Rainmeter.ini
CodePage=1200
RegExp=(?s)(.*)
UpdateDivider=5
UpdateRate=1
FinishAction=[!UpdateMeasure GetConfigName][!UpdateMeterGroup ShowIt][!Redraw]

[GetConfigName]
Measure=String
String=[RainmeterSettings]
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]" : "\1", "(?s)([^\n]*]).*" : "\1", "\[(.*?)]" : "\1#CRLF#"
Access Configs_0v0.rmskin
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Okay, so, I have now been trying to transition to using lua, instead of the ps1 script.

MadHoe was nice enough to include basic directions on using their lua script to generate a series of meters.

The meters are written by type to a unique inc file. I have three at the moment, as I think that is what is needed.(?).

If this makes sense to anyone, please have a look. I am not getting really great results, but the meters seem to be being generated correctly, but I am not somehow relaying those meters back to the parent ConfigINI.ini.

Any help is appreciated.

I have attached the latest that I have gotten through so far:
AccessINI_0v0.rmskin
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:57 am Should I hop in or you just want to do it on your own? :D
Hi death.crafter. I know it is a bit needy, but I am full on stuck. I have actually been progressing recursively just slightly changing nothing in the process.

I hope my joking about my ability, by saying how long before I need help etc, was not somehow insulting. I certainly did not mean anything other then my own inability to figure this idea out.

I am attaching the latest version that contains only the basics. Nothing else has changed really.
AccessINI_x.x.x.rmskin
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:15 am Hi death.crafter. I know it is a bit needy, but I am full on stuck. I have actually been progressing recursively just slightly changing nothing in the process.

I hope my joking about my ability, by saying how long before I need help etc, was not somehow insulting. I certainly did not mean anything other then my own inability to figure this idea out.

I am attaching the latest version that contains only the basics. Nothing else has changed really.
AccessINI_x.x.x.rmskin
No, actually I was waiting for this stage. I didn't want to intervene your experiments. ;-)
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:54 pm No, actually I was waiting for this stage. I didn't want to intervene your experiments. ;-)
Alright!
There are two stucks,
Generating the container shapes, and assigning the GetConfigName for each container.

The other one is having the top row hold position whilst the path containers scroll up or down, kinda like an excel sheet can have.

I dunno about other people, but I think this is a pretty cool idea - even if most of the design is based on other persons' scripts/skins.