It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:44 am

Pollen Meter

Weather skins
konkeranto

Pollen Meter

Post by konkeranto »

Seasonal allergies, sometimes called "hay fever" or seasonal allergic rhinitis, are allergy symptoms that happen during certain times of the year, usually when outdoor molds release their spores, and trees, grasses, and weeds release tiny pollen particles into the air to fertilize other plants. For people that suffer from allergies, one of the best things to do is reducing your exposure to pollens.

Pollen forecasts are useful for knowing when you should close the windows and when you should start using medication. There are many weather skins, but the ones that provide pollen info are rare. I made this skin for myself, it uses Weather.com JSON Parsing to get pollen count for Tree, Grass and Ragweed pollens.

There are two variants. Horizontal one shows only the current info and the vertical one shows 3 parts. To select your city, "Right Click > Edit Weather Variables" and edit Latitude/Longitude in WeatherComJsonVariables.inc

It also uses the Color variable for both the text color and the icon color. You can change it to fit your desktop.

Pollen Meter_1.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SoonerJack

Re: Pollen Meter

Post by SoonerJack »

I tried this skin but it didn't work. Changed the API Key to 21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3 and it worked. Very nice to have this skin. Great job!