It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:53 am

Help Cannot Change Default Desktop Image

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
SailorMcKay

Help Cannot Change Default Desktop Image

Post by SailorMcKay »

Just downloaded rainmeter. I can load skins on top of my computer's default desktop image, but I cannot change the desktop image with rainmeter. I can add a clock, add a calendar, or any kind of add-on to my computer's default desktop image that I've had since I bought this computer. But I cannot change the background image. I have a Microsoft computer and am running Windows as my computer's system.

I've watched youtube videos and read tutorials, but I have no idea why I cannot change the desktop image. Please help. Thank you!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help Cannot Change Default Desktop Image

Post by Yincognito »

SailorMcKay wrote: July 19th, 2021, 4:00 pmJust downloaded rainmeter. I can load skins on top of my computer's default desktop image, but I cannot change the desktop image with rainmeter.
The !SetWallpaper bang is your friend.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

SailorMcKay wrote: July 19th, 2021, 4:00 pm Just downloaded rainmeter. I can load skins on top of my computer's default desktop image, but I cannot change the desktop image with rainmeter. I can add a clock, add a calendar, or any kind of add-on to my computer's default desktop image that I've had since I bought this computer. But I cannot change the background image. I have a Microsoft computer and am running Windows as my computer's system.

I've watched youtube videos and read tutorials, but I have no idea why I cannot change the desktop image. Please help. Thank you!
Use [!SetWallpaper "path\to\image"].

Reference: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/bangs/#SetWallpaper

Edit: Yincognito ninja'd me.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SailorMcKay wrote: July 19th, 2021, 4:00 pm Just downloaded rainmeter. I can load skins on top of my computer's default desktop image, but I cannot change the desktop image with rainmeter. I can add a clock, add a calendar, or any kind of add-on to my computer's default desktop image that I've had since I bought this computer. But I cannot change the background image. I have a Microsoft computer and am running Windows as my computer's system.

How have you tried? What skin have you tried using?