It is currently April 30th, 2024, 5:16 pm

RainThemes Support Thread

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
dragonmage
Developer

RainThemes Support Thread

Post by dragonmage »

RainThemes is a tool for managing "themes" for your Rainmeter skins.

You can save your currently running and positioned skins as a "theme" and load that theme at any time to set your Rainmeter desktop to that saved configuration.

RainThemes "saves" by making a copy of your current "Rainmeter.ini" file and putting it in a folder called "Themes\Theme Name\Theme Name.thm". This folder will reside either in your .\Rainmeter folder or in your APPDATA\Rainmeter folder depending on the version of Rainmeter you are using.

When you "load" a theme, RainThemes copies back the Rainmeter.thm file to Rainmeter.ini in your Rainmeter "home" folder and restarts Rainmeter.exe.

RainThemes can also save an "empty" configuration file, so you can create a blank/empty theme for use when you want to set up a new set of skins and positions from scratch.

You can also "manage" your themes, by "deleting" and "renaming" saved themes.
Jincilla

Re: RainThemes Support Thread

Post by Jincilla »

im having an issue with my themes... I create a theme and save it.. works fine i have like 5 differnt themes saved but now i have an issue with i save a theme under a completly new name load anouther theme and then try to go back to that theme and it is one of my other themes starting to get very irritated as i have set up my latest theme 6 or 7 times just to find it gone if i change themes
Jincilla

Post by Jincilla »

it happend on the theme before this as well but i made it again and saved it and its working fine im pretty sure that its something stupid on my part but i cant figure it out and i dont want to just keep quessing till i get it right every time i create a new theme
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I've never seen that happen before. So the name is still in the list but when you attempt to load it it loads a completely different theme?