It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:32 am

Windows Shortcuts

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Windows Shortcuts

Post by balala »

Judian81 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 3:53 pm i hide the extensions and make a list of shortcuts. and when i click on any icon it will open a lnk file.
but the url file to some website it just does nothing.

so i created a duplicate so it will open url file or any other files. is this normal?! because i find it strange. when i have a hidden extention it will open lnk files automaticly.
This is caused by the fact that, as you intuited, in the [mNameChildX] FileView plugin measures you've removed the .lnk extensions (by the Substitute=".lnk":"" option), then have added them back in the LeftMouseUpAction options of the [MeterPictureX] and [MeterNameX] meters (LeftMouseUpAction=["#vPath#\[&mNameChild1].lnk"]). If the file returned by the measure is a .lnk file, this cause no trouble, however if it is a .url file it does, because nothing is substituted by the Substitute options of the [mNameChildX] measures (the extension not being .lnk), but the .lnk extension is added to the name which already has a .url extension.
The solution is pretty simple: remove the Substitute=".lnk":"" options of the [mNameChildX] measures AND the .lnk extensions from the LeftMouseUpAction=["#vPath#\[&mNameChildX].lnk"] options of the [MeterPictureX] and [MeterNameX] meters:

Code: Select all

[mNameChild1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mFolderParent]
Type=FileName
Index=1
;Substitute=".lnk":""
Group=Children
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterPicture1]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=mIconChild1
X=12
Y=40
W=30
H=30
LeftMouseUpAction=["#vPath#\[&mNameChild1]"]

[MeterName1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=styleLeftText
MeasureName=mNameChild1
X=50
Y=40
W=(#vWidth#-5)
H=30
LeftMouseUpAction=["#vPath#\[&mNameChild1]"]
DynamicVariables=1
Obviously here is just an example for the first index. Follow the same rule for all eight measures and meter pairs.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 6:30 pm This is caused by the fact that, as you intuited, in the [mNameChildX] FileView plugin measures you've removed the .lnk extensions
thank you very much. in future i will post code before i ask questions.

removed the code because it is not important anymore. updated version is in main post.
i had changed the code already to something like this.
but the question remains. when i just click on mName1 the program will be started if it is a lnk file. but not if it is a url.

removed the code because it is not important anymore. updated version is in main post.
this thing is the first way is to not show an extention at all. and the second is to use every extention in background.
Last edited by Judian81 on December 4th, 2021, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Judian81 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 8:43 pm thank you very much. in future i will post code before i ask questions.
I'm sorry, but can't follow. None of the above posted [mFolder], [mFolderExtension], [mNameExtension1] or [mName1] measures, or nor the [tName1] meter doesn't exist in the code which I have. I suppose you've modified a lot of thing in your code, so probably you should upload a new package, or at least post the whole code, not just parts of it.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 9:55 pmso probably you should upload a new package, or at least post the whole code, not just parts of it.
thanks. i have done it. creating a new package.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

GrinDog wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:06 pm Hi, am a new user of rainmeter, and your job.

Only I found that some icons do not load well.
https://imgur.com/nGMowPN
May be also if we can rearranged, "drag" icon
inside the skin or in edit skin.

BTW, I am not good at all in coding :)
just asking.
i found an answer afther all. i came up to this from last week.

while the setting is like this, icons can get strange.
IconSize=ExtraLarge
strange icon size.png

when we change the setting like this, i looks much better.
IconSize=Large
the size is better now.png

i do not know why this problem is there. when i use another way while using filechoose i have the same problem. so maby somsone can help me out.
the problem is a new icon is put into the left top corner of an icon.
or the problem is the icon is 2 a 4 times smaller but with a big empty border around it.
it happens with some apps. like calculator app will have this situation all the time.

i will upgrade this skin with two other versions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I remember seeing the original post at the time, but having come across it again, it's given me an idea to improve my own launcher! :D :thumbup:
- MuLab -
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

sl23 wrote: April 20th, 2023, 12:18 pm I remember seeing the original post at the time, but having come across it again, it's given me an idea to improve my own launcher! :D :thumbup:
Ow that is nice. about what project do you refer to? I like to see your project when it is finished. :D
sl23

Post by sl23 »

It may be some time! I'm currently focusing on sorting out thousands of vst presets, already spent two months on that probably half way through!

Not sure if my idea is possible, least the way I would like, but I wanna try :D
- MuLab -
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

sl23 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 9:38 am It may be some time! I'm currently focusing on sorting out thousands of vst presets, already spent two months on that probably half way through!

Not sure if my idea is possible, least the way I would like, but I wanna try :D
Last time i did something to create new stuff was around 4 months ago.
On the moment i do not realy do anything.

But i can upload the lastest stuff i was working on.

This is a list of categories ini files i put in a folder.

categorie2.png

This are rom files. Or windows shortcuts.

romgames.png

This is needed when you want to recreate new icons from rom files or windows shortcuts. We want this because we do not want new icons every fisit. It will otherwise be a heavy load.

make icons.png

The Roms directory loads every file in that directory to the Combo List.

shortcuts.png

This is needed if you want the file to be opend in an Emulator.

emulator.png

The latest version i have rebuild for just now.

Game Launcher_v0.9.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Nice work! :thumbup:

I'm just looking at the FileView skin from your first post, I'm unfamiliar with how this works so gonna take some time to get my head around it all! One quick question before I start this venture though...

Can I set it to work horizontally? I'm interested in showing icons only but scrolling them horizontally with a slim scrollbar, shown for visual purposes only.
- MuLab -