It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:32 pm

Windows Shortcuts

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Judian81

Windows Shortcuts

Post by Judian81 »

Hey hello,

max up to 8 items. support steam, windows desktop and internet shortcuts. open windows applications library when clicked on title. open item in one click. list is scrollable. you can select if you want to show a scrollbar. you can change the icon of every item. list sorted by name. possible to see item name even if skin is not wide enough. see with mouseover which item could be clicked on.
both skins look the same. they only work different.

windows shortcuts.png

-Windows Shortcuts (fileview)

this skin use the default (fileview) plugin that comes with rainmeter.

fileview vs filechoose. this can not save the scrollindex. good point is the icons will not be seen loaded. downside is the icons will be writen all the time while scrolling up and down. scrolling is very slow.

Windows Shortcuts (fileview)_v0.9.rmskin
(55.66 KiB) Downloaded 350 times

-Windows Shortcuts (filechoose)

this skin use (filechoose) plugin that have to be installed from rainmeter forum.
filechoose.dll. https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=33767

fileview vs filechoose. this can save the scrollindex. so it will always been loaded or refreshed like it was before. downside is you see that the icons are blinking when started the first time. or while refreshed. if it is not the first time we can see the icons loading. the icons are only saved to hard drive the first time or when have been refreshed. scrolling speed is just the way you want it.

Windows Shortcuts (filechoose)_v0.9.rmskin
(489.15 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Last edited by Judian81 on December 7th, 2022, 4:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Judian81

Re: Windows Shortcuts

Post by Judian81 »

Can somebody help me out? We can scroll, but if it is going to fast it will go one were it has to stop.

Some of the code is like this:

Code: Select all

[Variables]

;this makes it possible to use shortcuts in the folder the right way.
vPath="#CURRENTPATH#Shortcuts"

;this is used for the scrollbar to work. you do not need to change this.
vScrollIndex=0

[MeasureScrollUp]
Measure=Calc
;this measures if we are at the beginning. if so we want this to stop going on.
Formula=(#vScrollIndex# - 1) >= 0 ? 1 : 0
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterScrollUp]
Meter=Image
ImageName="#CURRENTPATH#Theme\arrow up.png"
X=185
Y=30
W=15
H=16
;when pressed we go up in fileview plugin. the variable vscrollindex is measured. if at the beginning the scrollbar have to stop going upwards.
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mFolderParent "IndexUp"][!UpdateMeasure mFolderParent][!SetVariable vScrollIndex "(#vScrollIndex#-[&MeasureScrollUp])"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
if we do this step for step everything is cool. but if we rush the scrollbar is going to far
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Judian81 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 3:56 pm Can somebody help me out? We can scroll, but if it is going to fast it will go one were it has to stop.
First, congratulation for the skin. It's a big idea to have the skin working with link placed into a folder. It's great and i love it. No need for settings!
However I'm not sure what you mean by the above, because:
WinShort.gif
Detail a little bit please what you mean.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:05 pm First, congratulation for the skin. It's a big idea to have the skin working with link placed into a folder. It's great and i love it. No need for settings!
However I'm not sure what you mean by the above, because:
WinShort.gif
Detail a little bit please what you mean.
thank you so much for the compliment.
think you have downloaded the first skin. that one is without a scrollbar. i want to create a scrollbar alsof for projects in the future.
i will show what is going wrong.

rainmeter windows shortcuts scrollbar demo.gif
this is what happens when i scroll to fast. when doing this step by step the scrolling will stop just on time.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Judian81 wrote: May 18th, 2021, 2:54 pm think you have downloaded the first skin. that one is without a scrollbar. i want to create a scrollbar alsof for projects in the future.
i will show what is going wrong.
Right. Didn't even realize there are two different skins. My bad! Now I got the right one.
So the solution to your problem is a small modification of the !SetVariable vScrollIndex ... bangs of the LeftMouseUpAction, MouseScrollUpAction and MouseScrollDownAction options of the [MeterScrollUp], [MeterScrollDown] and [MeterScrollBackground] meters. You have to limit the achievable value of the vScrollIndex variable, for instance through some Clamp function. Something like this:

Code: Select all

[MeterScrollUp]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mFolderParent "IndexUp"][!UpdateMeasure mFolderParent][!SetVariable vScrollIndex "(Clamp((#vScrollIndex#-[&MeasureScrollUp]),0,([mFileCountParent]-8)))"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterScrollDown]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mFolderParent "IndexDown"][!UpdateMeasure mFolderParent][!SetVariable vScrollIndex "(Clamp((#vScrollIndex#+[&MeasureScrollDown]),0,([mFileCountParent]-8)))"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterScrollBackground]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mFolderParent "IndexUp"][!UpdateMeasure mFolderParent][!SetVariable vScrollIndex "(Clamp((#vScrollIndex#-[&MeasureScrollUp]),0,([mFileCountParent]-8)))"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!CommandMeasure mFolderParent "IndexDown"][!UpdateMeasure mFolderParent][!SetVariable vScrollIndex "(Clamp((#vScrollIndex#+[&MeasureScrollDown]),0,([mFileCountParent]-8)))"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: May 18th, 2021, 5:43 pm for instance through some Clamp function.
thanks this is working perfect
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Judian81 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 10:44 am thanks this is working perfect
Great! :great:
GrinDog

Post by GrinDog »

Hi, am a new user of rainmeter, and your job.

Only I found that some icons do not load well.
https://imgur.com/nGMowPN
May be also if we can rearranged, "drag" icon
inside the skin or in edit skin.

BTW, I am not good at all in coding :)
just asking.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

GrinDog wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:06 pm Only I found that some icons do not load well.
hello, sorry for my later response.

i found myself too that sometimes the icons are not always display they way they should normaly in windows.
sometimes there are very small or not displaying at all.

there is nothing i can do to change that. i use the fileplugin and that is the way it works.

GrinDog wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:06 pm May be also if we can rearranged, "drag" icon
inside the skin or in edit skin.
hmm yes it is possible to add custom pictures to map. and use them to be displayed. you do not even have to use ico files.
it could be any file like png and jpg.

going to think about this.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:53 pmGreat! :great:
i have a question about something. i have made use of the fileview plugin.
i hide the extensions and make a list of shortcuts. and when i click on any icon it will open a lnk file.
but the url file to some website it just does nothing.

so i created a duplicate so it will open url file or any other files. is this normal?! because i find it strange. when i have a hidden extention it will open lnk files automaticly.