It is currently April 28th, 2024, 4:58 pm

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Mordasius

Re: Market Prices

Post by Mordasius »

lazarusrevives wrote: June 24th, 2023, 4:07 pm I have zero knowledge of coding, but a strong desire to improve my stock portfolio. ....Do you have a video I could watch to educate myself?
Hi Laz. If SilverAzide's suggestions don't acheive what you want I suggest the the best place to start would be Getting started with Rainmeter
lazarusrevives

Post by lazarusrevives »

SilverAzide wrote: June 25th, 2023, 3:22 am Oh my god dude, please stop whatever you are doing; you are making a hash of things. Remove whatever you have done and start over, this is not terribly complicated but it is confusing for noobs I will admit. Just do this:
  1. If you have not done so already, go to the DeviantArt website where this skin is posted and download it from there. DA requires you to join to be able to download stuff. If you don't have a DA account and don't want one, come back here and ask for additional help.
  2. Double-click the .rmskin file you downloaded and install the skin, replacing whatever you have if needed. Be sure to select the option to "load included skins".
  3. When Rainmeter restarts, the MarketPrices skin will appear in the upper left corner of the screen by default. Drag it to wherever you want it. It will show 2 stocks by default (Dow index and FTSE index).
  4. Right-click the skin and select "-> Edit Stock Symbols". A text file will open in Notepad.
  5. At the top of the file, there is a line that reads NumberOfStocks=2. Change the "2" to whatever number of stocks you want to see.
  6. Edit each line that reads Symbol1, Symbol2, Symbol3, etc. and add the symbols you want, as instructed in the file. This means going to CNBC.com and searching for symbols and entering them for each line. These items ("Symbol1", etc.) are called "variables" in Rainmeter. Set the "Label1"/etc value to "-" if you want the stock to show it's normal name; set it to something else if you want a custom name (as shown in the Apple example).
  7. Once you are done editing the text file, save it.
  8. Right-click the skin and select the "Refresh" option.
  9. Sit back and enjoy....

Screenshot 2023-06-24 232543.png

...unless your portfolio looks like this screenshot, in which case my advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Well, my portfolio is not doing me many favors this past week. But this really helped me very much! Thank you for your assistance with setting up the skin. I've got it rocking and rolling now.
vunhtun

Post by vunhtun »

Thanks Mordasius for the wonderful work,

But I have a problems when using this skin that my stock is not in CNBC so I can't get the symbol there.

Can you please help me so that I can use other source as Investing.com?

This is the index i'm following and I want to choose some Stock there to make my watchlist.

Thank you very much
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

vunhtun wrote: June 27th, 2023, 9:59 am my stock is not in CNBC so I can't get the symbol there.
Sorry mate. This skin can only watch stocks on the CNBC site.

I sold off almost all of my stocks/shares in November 2021 and therefore have little or no interest in modifying the skin to watch other markets at this time.
mook2007

Currency Market

Post by mook2007 »

Hi Mordasius,

your time permitting, could you help to fix your fantastic Currency Markets, it stopped working about 4 days ago, probably due to some code change by INO.... Much appreciated !
SysATI

Post by SysATI »

For your information you can open an account with TradingView (free) and put a whole bunch of widgets from there on your desktop using Rainmeter and an Edge plugin pluginWebView.

https://www.tradingview.com/widget/
https://github.com/khanhas/PluginWebView
scratch67

Post by scratch67 »

Hello

This skin, when I edit it to remove AlwaysOnTop=2(Rainmeter.Ini) and then Unload/Load. The AlwaysOnTop=2 shows up every time. I also set Position to Normal or OnDesktop and it changes to Stay Topmost.

I searched to find what is doing this.

Do you know what is triggering this and what to do to stop it?

Thanks

MARK
Cheers,

MARK
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

scratch67 wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 1:02 pm Do you know what is triggering this and what to do to stop it?
Nope
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

scratch67 wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 1:02 pm Hello

This skin, when I edit it to remove AlwaysOnTop=2(Rainmeter.Ini) and then Unload/Load. The AlwaysOnTop=2 shows up every time. I also set Position to Normal or OnDesktop and it changes to Stay Topmost.

I searched to find what is doing this.

Do you know what is triggering this and what to do to stop it?

Thanks

MARK
When a skin is unloaded, it saves its settings back to Rainmeter.ini. So essentially, after you manually edited Rainmeter.ini, it was overwritten when the skin was unloaded.

You can use the context menu or the Manage dialog to change your AlwaysOnTop setting, and it should be saved when you unload the skin. Or, you can unload your skin first, then manually edit Rainmeter.ini, then reload the skin for the changes to take effect.

-Brian
scratch67

Post by scratch67 »

Brian,
Thanks for replying on this.

I did both methods but it still reverts back to Stay Topmost.

Frustrating!

Mark
Cheers,

MARK