It is currently April 24th, 2024, 11:40 pm

HWInfo64 Shared Memory Viewer: What happens if I choose the wrong sensors?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
viper2101

HWInfo64 Shared Memory Viewer: What happens if I choose the wrong sensors?

Post by viper2101 »

I'm using a RainMeter skin called RainFormer which relies on HWInfo64 Shared Memory. In order to configure RainFormer to read appropriate sensor values into RainMeter, the user must choose the appropriate sensor from HWInfo64 Shared Memory Viewer, and there are many many sensors. Is it dangerous if I choose the wrong one? I understand that RainMeter wouldn't display the correct value, but does choosing the wrong sensor value in HWInfo64 Shared Memory Viewer change anything for actual system performance? I don't want to accidentally melt my computer or change any system behavior. I simply wanted to monitor termperatures and usage.
I'm a total noob and have searched the forums and haven't seen anyone address this, so I really appreciate any advice. My hope is that the only consequence is that the monitor (RainMeter) won't read correctly.
Thanks!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: HWInfo64 Shared Memory Viewer: What happens if I choose the wrong sensors?

Post by SilverAzide »

viper2101 wrote: February 10th, 2021, 4:16 pm I'm using a RainMeter skin called RainFormer which relies on HWInfo64 Shared Memory. In order to configure RainFormer to read appropriate sensor values into RainMeter, the user must choose the appropriate sensor from HWInfo64 Shared Memory Viewer, and there are many many sensors. Is it dangerous if I choose the wrong one? I understand that RainMeter wouldn't display the correct value, but does choosing the wrong sensor value in HWInfo64 Shared Memory Viewer change anything for actual system performance? I don't want to accidentally melt my computer or change any system behavior. I simply wanted to monitor termperatures and usage.
I'm a total noob and have searched the forums and haven't seen anyone address this, so I really appreciate any advice. My hope is that the only consequence is that the monitor (RainMeter) won't read correctly.
Thanks!
Nothing bad will happen. You'll just get incorrect data or no data (i.e., zero) or an error code in the Rainmeter log (or possibly in the skin). Nothing will explode or melt down into smoking puddle of goo*.

*This publication is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error, or failure to perform.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...