It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:36 pm

mp4 to ini

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: mp4 to ini

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 28th, 2023, 4:59 pm Why should man go to the moon or fly to various locations, since he wasn't "designed" for such a task? Rainmeter wasn't designed for lots of tasks that it can nevertheless achieve. If we all sticked to the tasks we or the tools we use were "designed" for, we'd still be living in stone age - just my opinion. :confused:

As for the technical side of it, there is a good reason to want to play such a file into a Rainmeter skin: the video frame moves along and inherits visual properties from the skin, in a fluent manner. This doesn't mean that Rainmeter must do the tasks of a video player, just that the video part should be as integrated as possible into the skin context. This isn't really needed for audio players since they handle audio and not displaying visuals... but, to make a simple analogy, you'd still prefer the cover art of the audio file to be displayed into a Rainmeter skin, now would you? Or have a skin visualizer instead of the one provided by the audio player. Same thing here (of course, since video data can't be communicated easily, one of the methods actually involves doing what a video player does, out of necessity). ;-)
Don't argue...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

:D STONE AGE WEATHER :Whistle
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 28th, 2023, 5:18 pm :D STONE AGE WEATHER :Whistle
Good job, but has this skin anything to do with video playing in Rainmeter skins?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2023, 7:11 pm Good job, but has this skin anything to do with video playing in Rainmeter skins?
Absolutely nothing to do with video playing...
I was referencing Yincognito's opinion about the still being in the "stone age" ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 28th, 2023, 7:32 pm Absolutely nothing to do with video playing...
I was referencing Yincognito's opinion about the still being in the "stone age" ;-)
Alright, I see. Was not clear enough for me. :oops: My bad, sorry...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2023, 5:09 pmDon't argue...
Removed the contents of the post entirely, thanks. You're right, we shouldn't have to argue about why we need to strive for more and not for less... :Whistle

In case it wasn't clear the first time, I was not referring to anyone in particular being in the stone age, but to humankind in general, if it didn't aim for more (apply that to Rainmeter and video skins and you'll get the idea). And that is a fact, not arguing - but let's just forget about it. It isn't worth explaining something that obvious if it wasn't understood already by everyone. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 28th, 2023, 4:59 pm Removed at request.
Didn't ask you to remove it, but alright...
Yincognito wrote: November 28th, 2023, 8:06 pm In case it wasn't clear the first time, I was not referring to anyone in particular being in the stone age, but to humankind in general,
I realized. (Was) No problem from my part.
Yincognito wrote: November 28th, 2023, 8:06 pm And that is a fact, not arguing - but let's just forget about it.
:thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 28th, 2023, 8:22 pmI realized. (Was) No problem from my part.
Ah, I thought it was - guess I misunderstood things. Nevermind, all good then. ;-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 28th, 2023, 5:18 pm :D STONE AGE WEATHER :Whistle
Nice joke, me likes it! :lol: