It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:05 pm

mp4 to ini

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
stark industries

mp4 to ini

Post by stark industries »

The files in rainmeter have .ini extension
I have a video which I want to convert to a rainmeter skin can anybody help me.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: mp4 to ini

Post by balala »

stark industries wrote: September 18th, 2020, 4:12 am The files in rainmeter have .ini extension
Convert a video to skin? Not sure at all what are you talking about, but this is impossible.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

stark industries wrote: September 18th, 2020, 4:12 am The files in rainmeter have .ini extension
You can not 'convert' a mp4 format to ini format, but you can 'play' it in Rainmeter using RainVideo.
stark industries

Post by stark industries »

Can I play more than one video
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

stark industries wrote: September 18th, 2020, 7:28 am Can I play more than one video
Currently only one at a time which you can search and select, but you could expand on the skin to create a playlist, of sorts, using the Fileview plugin.

I may look into that if the skin gains any interest. :Whistle
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 18th, 2020, 2:07 pm I may look into that if the skin gains any interest. :Whistle
Spot on...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
dasiun

Post by dasiun »

Turning a video into a Rainmeter skin isn't straightforward because Rainmeter uses .ini files, not video formats. But you can display a video in Rainmeter using a media player plugin. For converting your video, I've personally had good luck with Movavi. You could look at https://www.movavi.com/mac-video-editor/ to see if it helps with your project.
Last edited by dasiun on January 26th, 2024, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dasiun wrote: November 27th, 2023, 9:01 pm Turning a video into a Rainmeter skin isn't straightforward because Rainmeter uses .ini files, not video formats. But you can display a video in Rainmeter using a media player plugin.
Just for the record, you're wrong on both. Replace "straightforward" with "possible" and add "information about" after "display" in your post and you might be right. Even so, not every media player is supported by such a plugin, not to mention that although controlling video playing is possible for supported players, the video area won't be played "within" a Rainmeter skin by such a plugin, but in the distinct media player window.

Currently, the only ways of playing a video "within" a Rainmeter skin are:
- eclectic-tech's method (completed, the video area snaps to the skin)
- my similar method (incomplete, the video area is part of the skin)
- khanhas method (only mp4 webm ogg, the video area is part of the skin)
The first two rely on the FFMpeg package (to either display the borderless player window over the skin for eclectic-tech's method, or extract the video frames in advance and play them as images in the skin for my method) and allow changing the video file to be played from the skin, the last one relies on MS Edge & the WebView plugin by the same author and requires editing the displayed local webpage to change the video file to be played. In other words, none of them is built in into Rainmeter and have their own advantages and disadvantages.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Maybe this might look as tease, but just asking: why should be played a video file into a Rainmeter skin? Rainmeter wasn't designed for this kind of tasks. Media player apps were, but not Rainmeter.
Just my opinion, but still...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Removed at request.
Last edited by Yincognito on November 28th, 2023, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.