It is currently May 4th, 2024, 5:26 pm

Skin position on vista/7 leads to disappearance

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
kusal11

Skin position on vista/7 leads to disappearance

Post by kusal11 »

this has probably been brought up a number of times before and i know it is a known problem
http://code.google.com/p/rainmeter/issues/detail?id=51
This problem only occurs on windows7/vista
I just wanted to bring it to people's attention again because I find it needs to be fixed soon...

When the position of a skin is set to 'desktop', the skin may randomly disappear (still there but invisible)
i was a first time user of rainmeter expereiencing this problem and thought it was something i had done and played with this program for hours trying to figure it out
a simple google search than brought me to the above mentioned page
And more details on this problem can be found on that page.
This problem only occurs when using aero.

I dont know whether there is a possible solution to that problem or how difficult it may be to solve, but there should at least be a warning because skins just begin to randomly disappear when their position is set to dektop.

Now apart from that, I was wondering, is it possible that when i click show desktop, the skins remain on the desktop? because at the moment, when i click show desktop, the skins disappear, and i just see the wallpaper, but as soon as i open something up, the skins imeediately reappear. is it possible to somehow integrate rainmeter into the desktop the same way gadgets are?
Yet again. i dont know how difficult this may be, or if it is even possible, im just wondering if it can be done.

anyway i sorta rushed this post because i spent way too much on this program and have a lot of other stuff to do, sorry about the spelling erros and bad sentences and stuff

-kusal11
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Skin position on vista/7 leads to disappearance

Post by JamesAC »

This has been fixed in the new 1.2 beta builds available from here
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
kusal11

Re: Skin position on vista/7 leads to disappearance

Post by kusal11 »

oh :Embarrassed: