It is currently April 30th, 2024, 3:29 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kotofanchik

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Kotofanchik »

I only get the en response when I click refresh in the webwiev context menu on the red dot. Is this how it should be? Updating the skin or the whole rainmetr does not give an answer en.
I have the wrong webwiev? I installed it along with the PluginWebViewExample skin
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: March 31st, 2024, 3:15 pm I only get the en response when I click refresh in the webwiev context menu on the red dot. Is this how it should be? Updating the skin or the whole rainmetr does not give an answer en.
I have the wrong webwiev? I installed it along with the PluginWebViewExample skin
Apparently, you're facing the same problem as the one mentioned here, in the same thread I linked to earlier:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=39233&start=50#p221238

And no, it shouldn't happen - the "en" result should appear whenever you refresh the skin, not just when reloading the page from the red dot.

Unfortunately, this kind of problems are a consequence of the MS Edge + WebView Runtime recent development, which apparently "broke" some of the abilities of the (older) WebView plugin for Rainmeter. The plugin was built to function perfectly with earlier versions of MS Edge + WebView Runtime, which explains why after properly downgrading, I personally don't have these problems anymore.

You can try adding this to the [Rainmeter] section of your .ini file:

Code: Select all

OnRefreshAction=[!UpdateMeasure Page]
to automatically update the WebView measure one more time when refreshing the skin. Maybe insert a [!Delay 1000] after the = symbol, if needed, to postpone such an update by 1 second. See if that helps.

P.S. In retrospective, I feel that these parts about another weather site you want to parse and the WebView related ones after it should belong to a separate topic - just saying. This thread is mainly about the issues folks had with the weather.com source in the past. :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth