It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:00 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Yincognito »

svin88 wrote: August 31st, 2023, 3:59 pm Yes, I checked in Russia - with a VPN, the weather skin is working without problems. Apparently the provider began to block the weather source. What can be done so that the weather skin worked in Russia?
I believe that using a VPN or following Xenium's advice to get data from another non blocking source are your only options for now, especially if stuff doesn't work in your browser either. :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Alexander_V

Post by Alexander_V »

svin88 wrote: August 31st, 2023, 3:59 pm Yes, I checked in Russia - with a VPN, the weather skin is working without problems. Apparently the provider began to block the weather source. What can be done so that the weather skin worked in Russia?
Well, you can try this modification of WeatherTimeBarHD. It gets the weather data from Yandex.
Just backup all original files and then unzip the folder to the skin directory.

I believe it will help. After all, it have helped me.

Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexander_V

Post by Alexander_V »

xenium wrote: August 26th, 2023, 8:03 pm As of yesterday it seems that those living in Russia, when accessing weather.com, get the message "This content is no longer available in your area".
I don't know if vamp1r777 lives in Russia, but that may be one of the explanations...
Yes, it is the explanation.
By the way, thank you for your masterpieces of weather skins.
You are unbelivable.
Alex.
theneon

Post by theneon »

Alexander_V wrote: September 27th, 2023, 8:08 pm Well, you can try this modification of WeatherTimeBarHD. It gets the weather data from Yandex.
Just backup all original files and then unzip the folder to the skin directory.

I believe it will help. After all, it have helped me.

Alex
You can do the same under Yandex on skin win10widgets wiather?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

theneon wrote: September 27th, 2023, 10:17 pm You can do the same under Yandex on skin win10widgets wiather?
Here is a separate Russian language only version: Win10 Widgets Weather~Russian
theneon

Post by theneon »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 21st, 2023, 1:57 pm Here is a separate Russian language only version: Win10 Widgets Weather~Russian
thank you, kind man!
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

The site https://www.gismeteo.ru introduced human verification from CloudFlare. no captchas usually, just a delay in opening. But the skin can no longer receive information from the site. Are there any workarounds?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kotofanchik wrote: March 28th, 2024, 3:08 pm The site https://www.gismeteo.ru introduced human verification from CloudFlare. no captchas usually, just a delay in opening. But the skin can no longer receive information from the site. Are there any workarounds?
I am not sure about gismeteo.ru, someone else may know...

The Win10 Weather Russian version uses: https://yandex.ru/pogoda/novouralsk?utm_source=serp&utm_campaign=helper&utm_medium=desktop&utm_content=helper_desktop_main&utm_term=title&ysclid=lmzvmwc43e255900449&lat=#Latitude#&lon=#Longitude# as the source, and scrapes that website for the data.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

Yes, thanks. But I already have a version of Yandex and Foreca. There is a version of gismeteo that works with their API (it is very inaccurate and the weather is late. There was also a version of gismeteo from the site and now "greetings" from cloudflare
Last edited by Kotofanchik on March 29th, 2024, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

I thought maybe there were ways to bypass cloudflare. I have an idea, but lack the knowledge to implement it. There is a skin PluginWebViewExample. He successfully accesses the Gismeteo website. WebWiev2, which is the basis of this skin, can save the page to a txt file. This txt file can be parsed and information can be retrieved. It works manually. I have not yet seen a captcha request in WebWiev2. If sometimes a request appears, you can answer it.