It is currently May 8th, 2024, 7:37 am

Nice article on Lifehacker today

Articles, reviews and other mentions of Rainmeter on the web.
jsmorley
Developer

Nice article on Lifehacker today

Post by jsmorley »

smurfier

Re: Nice article on Lifehacker today

Post by smurfier »

wow...it also features Rainstaller.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

Identical review as on Gizmodo :shock:
Why do all these reviewers call it HUD
Someone enlighten me :p
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

HUD stands for Heads Up Display. It's the general term for any sort of informative overlay. Most often the term is associated with video games, where it refers to the things on the screen indicating health, ammo, the map, etc...
ImageImageImageImage
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

Alex2539 wrote:HUD stands for Heads Up Display. It's the general term for any sort of informative overlay. Most often the term is associated with video games, where it refers to the things on the screen indicating health, ammo, the map, etc...
Thanks Alex, that was sure puzzlin' me :)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Let's reach a little further back into history. H.U.D. (Heads up display) was originally designed in the 60's as a start-up concept designed into Helmets that were utilized in Sym training for pilots of Airplanes and Helicopter. By the late 70's these HUD's pack so much information into the helmet , that fighter pilots demanded that this system be incorporated in to F-14's....Ultimately the HUD was integrated and customized to match a glass canopy overlay with the Helmet HUD, this created for a semi-3D effect HUD display that makes Air fighters averages above 97% hit to target ratio. Eventually these HUD's have been built into vehicles (combined with Night vision camera-ing, and the like), as Alex points out, today, HUD has been a term for any large array of targeted information (ie. HUD 10ft display) in the terminology that we use....with Rainmeter we have brought the HUD concept to the big monitor and HDTV screens, in a way that no other program can match....You should see the modified HUD Vision and my latest weather skin on a 37" to 52" HDTV...OMG!!!...and the 10ft HUD display is awesome. ;)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

A few RL practical examples:

Acyually this just gave me some excellent ideas....damn i need to improve my Rainmeter coding skills :(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

karmat

Post by karmat »

poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »